Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Man marries daughter. NOT in Alabama!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Man marries daughter. NOT in Alabama! Reply with quote

http://www.thedailycrabbie.com/2012/09/valerie-spruill-was-married-to-her-own.html

Ohio! 8O
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One big happy family.

USA. USA. :lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koala Kid
Guru
Guru


Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 376

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankly, I thought Austria.
_________________
Digital Gunfire
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consenting adults should be able to do as they wish.
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
Consenting adults should be able to do as they wish.


As disgusting to me as this situation is... if they are both adults and choose to do this, I agree. I cannot deny the sick and depraved pleasures of others as long as nobody is harmed and all participants are adults acting in good faith. While this situation doesn't quite fit that description (she didn't initially know that he was her father), your larger point is valid.
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, at least two people comment without reading the story first. Sugar, Muso you should be ashamed.

She was/is not a consenting adult, because she did not know it was her father.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, since you asked for consenting adults, I give you consenting adults.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
ok, at least two people comment without reading the story first. Sugar, Muso you should be ashamed.

She was/is not a consenting adult, because she did not know it was her father.


I was just kidding. Inbreeding is dangerous and needs to be prevented.
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Okay, since you asked for consenting adults, I give you consenting adults.


well, she does have a face only a father could love...
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
well, she does have a face only a father could love...
:rimshot: :lol:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 655
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
ok, at least two people comment without reading the story first. Sugar, Muso you should be ashamed.

She was/is not a consenting adult, because she did not know it was her father.


I did read the story. If you had properly read my post you would realize that.
_________________
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way that story contends that the reason a vast majority of siblings do not screw each other is because they are repulsed by each other. I'd like to think that many thousands of years worth of civilisation is possibly the main reason. As well as avoiding procreation with my sister, I also avoid masturbating while waiting in the supermarket queue and streaking near high schools.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sporkbox
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Posts: 21
Location: United States

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn. On one hand, there's a legitimate, scientific reason incest is considered bad. But if no children are born from it and nobody's coerced, I don't see a problem. They should be free to do whatever freaky shit they want as long as they don't bring a child into the world through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 84
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Man marries daughter. NOT in Alabama! Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
http://www.thedailycrabbie.com/2012/09/valerie-spruill-was-married-to-her-own.html

Ohio! 8O


People from Michigan are not surprised by this.

Also, suck it, Ohio State
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darth Marley
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 105

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
ok, at least two people comment without reading the story first. Sugar, Muso you should be ashamed.

She was/is not a consenting adult, because she did not know it was her father.


I was just kidding. Inbreeding is dangerous and needs to be prevented.


Some cultures (well, one) vigorously defends the practice of first cousin marriages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Marley wrote:
sugar wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
ok, at least two people comment without reading the story first. Sugar, Muso you should be ashamed.

She was/is not a consenting adult, because she did not know it was her father.


I was just kidding. Inbreeding is dangerous and needs to be prevented.


Some cultures (well, one) vigorously defends the practice of first cousin marriages.


:) lol
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amaranatha
n00b
n00b


Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Posts: 48
Location: Spain, Europe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Okay, since you asked for consenting adults, I give you consenting adults.

A prison sentence for consenting adults? WTH?

I'd somehow expect that from a country able to drive their greatest heroes to death for (victimless) sexual practices, but it seems like the UK is not a rare exception at all.

Bonus point: different punishment for males and females. Because, fuck you equality before the law.
_________________
"Freedom incurs responsibility; that is why so many men fear it." - George Bernard Shaw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaranatha wrote:
notageek wrote:
Okay, since you asked for consenting adults, I give you consenting adults.

A prison sentence for consenting adults? WTH?

I'd somehow expect that from a country able to drive their greatest heroes to death for (victimless) sexual practices, but it seems like the UK is not a rare exception at all.

Bonus point: different punishment for males and females. Because, fuck you equality before the law.

Homosexuality is not the same as incest. One is a normal sexual orientation, the other is a pretty revolting and genetically dangerous practice. One is legal in England, and one is illegal.

Next you will say because someone consented to be eaten that being murdered and eaten is OK. I suspect a massive failure in reasoning here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amaranatha
n00b
n00b


Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Posts: 48
Location: Spain, Europe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Homosexuality is not the same as incest. One is a normal sexual orientation, the other is a pretty revolting and genetically dangerous practice. One is legal in England, and one is illegal.

Next you will say because someone consented to be eaten that being murdered and eaten is OK. I suspect a massive failure in reasoning here.

Homosexuality is not normal, as statistics show. It's more like a fringe sexual practice that recently has come to be socially accepted in some western countries. Heck, worldwide, most people still think that homosexuality is a pretty revolting practice, you know. Also, this might be new to you, but sex != procreation. That's only an excuse, like AIDS was used to scare people against homosexuality.

I would never have sex neither with another man nor with a relative. Never. But I'm fervently against imprisoning people for bedding one consenting adult (or many, or none!), whoever he or she is.

I have to admit that you were right about the existence of a massive failure in reasoning. You weren't looking at the right place, though.
_________________
"Freedom incurs responsibility; that is why so many men fear it." - George Bernard Shaw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1738
Location: Emerald Isles, overlooking Dublin's docklands

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koala Kid wrote:
frankly, I thought Austria.
this
_________________
"Confident, lazy, cocky, dead." -- Felix Jongleur, Otherland

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaranatha wrote:

Homosexuality is not normal, as statistics show. It's more like a fringe sexual practice ...

Not normal? Says who? You? If you find it revolting then that's most definitely your problem. It's also a very outdated and outmoded way to think, but some individuals are more susceptible to indoctrination than others.

Where did I say sex was not equal to procreation? I didn't. But maybe you are not aware of the fact that abstinence is about the only way you can guarantee that sperm won't fertilise the ovum.

This issue of consenting adults is null and void when it comes to responsibility: for the same reasons teachers are not allowed to have sex with their students, consenting or not, so too parents and their kin should not be allowed to. If you think differently then that's fine, just know your views are a little strange.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amaranatha
n00b
n00b


Joined: 30 Nov 2004
Posts: 48
Location: Spain, Europe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sikpuppy wrote:
Not normal? Says who? You?

Statistics, if you could read, which doesn't seem to be the case. By your 'reasoning', intellectually gifted people would be 'normal', since they comprise a similar percentage of the population. In case you are wondering: no, they're not. That's precisely why they are 'gifted'.

Does this mean that I'm against homosexuals? No. The opposite, actually. Nor am I against the rest who have unusual sex partners, as long as they're consenting adults.

sikpuppy wrote:
If you find it revolting then that's most definitely your problem. It's also a very outdated and outmoded way to think

Hey! Hello? I'm here, so please, stop attacking the strawman!

sikpuppy wrote:
but some individuals are more susceptible to indoctrination than others.

No doubt. :roll:

sikpuppy wrote:
Where did I say sex was not equal to procreation? I didn't. But maybe you are not aware of the fact that abstinence is about the only way you can guarantee that sperm won't fertilise the ovum.

You certainly used procreation as an excuse against sex. Like disease has traditionally been an excuse against homosexuality.

If preventing green, mutant lizard babies is such a priority for you, why stop at imprisonment? It didn't work in this case and, after all, there are more efficient methods. Like killing those 'weirdos'. I hear it's all the rage in Iran. Why don't you propose that? After all, there aren't that many steps between long-time imprisonment and execution. And you gotta be sure, right?

sikpuppy wrote:
This issue of consenting adults is null and void when it comes to responsibility: for the same reasons teachers are not allowed to have sex with their students, consenting or not, so too parents and their kin should not be allowed to.

Again, you fail. You don't go to jail for having sex with an student if she's legal age, either.

sikpuppy wrote:
If you think differently then that's fine, just know your views are a little strange.

Yeah, I know that defending liberty sounds pretty strange these days. But I don't care.
_________________
"Freedom incurs responsibility; that is why so many men fear it." - George Bernard Shaw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nomilieu
n00b
n00b


Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering most people would be horrified to screw their father, just make it illegal to bang your adult kids without telling them who you are (assuming you know they are your kids), just like you can't go around having rampant unprotected sex whilst knowing you have AIDS. Doing such things unbeknownst to the other parties would count as malicious deception in my book.

As for birth from incest, that seems like a can of worms. I must resist the urge to make a slippery slope argument.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 120
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipus_complex

/Obligatory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 439
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
Consenting adults should be able to do as they wish.


Where do you draw the line, as a matter of interest ?
_________________
Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum