Apple [iOS6] Maps fail
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danomac
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Apple [iOS6] Maps fail Reply with quote

So apparently Apple's new Maps app sucks big hairy ones.

A lot of people are pretty annoyed. I don't think that'll stop them from buying the next iPhone though...

I was reading some tweets from annoyed users about it and I came across one to share:

Quote:
don't be surprised to see apple fanboys forming long lines outside random places tomorrow.

:lol: :lol:
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not a laughing matter.

http://youtu.be/ketYUfQX9f4

iMaps will not find emergency rooms.
Fran
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple [iOS6] Maps fail Reply with quote

Quote:
don't be surprised to see apple fanboys forming long lines outside random places tomorrow.

:lol:

Anyway: 5 million sold in 2 days. They could sell an iTurd and still make billions.
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug* I tried an Android, still have it lying about and the PoS has the worst interface ever. I'd rather use my old Nokia, kthx.

As for Maps, I do like the new app better. But then I usually only used Google Earth on the thing to begin with :D.

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
danomac
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between Android versions is crazy - I'm still on 2.3 with my phone. The Nexus 7 is way better usability wise (it runs ICS)...

I can hardly wait until my contract is up and I can refresh my phone. My SGS1 still works, but it feels clunky compared to the Nexus 7...
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danomac wrote:
The difference between Android versions is crazy - I'm still on 2.3 with my phone. The Nexus 7 is way better usability wise (it runs ICS)...

I can hardly wait until my contract is up and I can refresh my phone. My SGS1 still works, but it feels clunky compared to the Nexus 7...
that is true, we did get a nexus 7 for work and it's smooth as an android's butt. far better than the branded 3.2 on my samsung tablet.

the thing I hate about android is the retarded level of vendor/OS version lock-in. from everything i can tell so far, if i buy an android now then 6 months from now i can trash it because the vendor cant be arsed to provide an OS update. hell you can't even flash google's reference images onto the devices because samsung et al won't let ya. and i really would want a plain google reference image on most of the devices because the vendor apps are utterly useless.

at least with an iphone i get a sane set of default apps and the devices get firmware updates for 2-3 years.

danomac
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdeininger wrote:
at least with an iphone i get a sane set of default apps and the devices get firmware updates for 2-3 years.

Like the Maps app? :lol:

That's why I got the Nexus 7 for the tablet, at least it'll get updates. It's actually already had one since I got it.

I think it was Nexus branded phones that are the only ones that can be updated directly with Google's stock ROM.

I got rid of my iPhone and never bought another one. First thing that pissed me off was the inability to replace certain apps on the phone, like the web browser. Second thing that pissed me off was an update that broke bluetooth, which Apple left for almost six months, the third update made the phone so slow and unusable I sold it to some Apple fanboy for $150 and upgraded to an Android phone.

My SGS1 actually had 3 updates, the last one for me was earlier this year. I doubt they'll update it any more though.
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danomac wrote:
mdeininger wrote:

Like the Maps app? :lol:

That's why I got the Nexus 7 for the tablet, at least it'll get updates. It's actually already had one since I got it.

I think it was Nexus branded phones that are the only ones that can be updated directly with Google's stock ROM.

I got rid of my iPhone and never bought another one. First thing that pissed me off was the inability to replace certain apps on the phone, like the web browser. Second thing that pissed me off was an update that broke bluetooth, which Apple left for almost six months, the third update made the phone so slow and unusable I sold it to some Apple fanboy for $150 and upgraded to an Android phone.

My SGS1 actually had 3 updates, the last one for me was earlier this year. I doubt they'll update it any more though.
We~ll, I did say I actually liked the new Maps app ;). Sure beats getting no updates at all :lol:.

Maybe I just had terrible luck with Samsung devices. I probably should've gotten a Nexus but the Samsung ones looked slicker. Sort of. Except the lot of them still look like cheap toys with all that plastic.

*shrug*

I'm just glad I'll NEVER have to write code for Android again :twisted:.

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple can do no wrong. Any changes are as they should be, so it is has been decreed, so it shall be. It is perfect, until the next more perfecterer version.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this phone has a solid built and apparently makes good phone calls.

http://youtu.be/6M5q5TRuAsY
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: