Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Obama's Accelerating Downward Spiral For America
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the stimulus was actually a great success in cushioning the impact of the shitstorm Obama inherited.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even by his own standards. He went on TV and appealed to the American People to let him have $800 billion for "stimulus", saying that it would be used to prevent unemployment from rising above 8.5% and speed up the economic recovery. OBVIOUSLY, that's not what it was used for, because neither of those things happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ichbinsisyphos
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Posts: 547

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course president Obama is better than the Great Depression, that's a no-brainer, but he's also better than or equal to many awesome things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Not even by his own standards. He went on TV and appealed to the American People to let him have $800 billion for "stimulus", saying that it would be used to prevent unemployment from rising above 8.5% and speed up the economic recovery. OBVIOUSLY, that's not what it was used for, because neither of those things happened.


it speed up the recovery! You've had 12 straight quarters of growth ffs!
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Not even by his own standards. He went on TV and appealed to the American People to let him have $800 billion for "stimulus", saying that it would be used to prevent unemployment from rising above 8.5% and speed up the economic recovery. OBVIOUSLY, that's not what it was used for, because neither of those things happened.


it speed up the recovery! You've had 12 straight quarters of growth ffs!

Now you're just trolling. I refer you to my last response to you saying this same idiotic thing.

Better yet, read this: Forbes -- Worst economic recover ever. Facts, logic, and data, oh my! :o

Or this: Washington Post - "Worst economic recovery America has ever had." Statements by real experts! Pretty graphs! :o

Or this: Even NBC News (Nibble Barack's Cock News) doesn't deny it. More facts, real mathematics, graphs! :o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
The same Reagan who was so liberal, he would never get elected as a republican today?
The religious freaks who've taken over the party need to go, no question about that. But, yes, the same Reagan who pulled us out worse economic conditions than we have now. Yes, that Reagan.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
sugar wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Not even by his own standards. He went on TV and appealed to the American People to let him have $800 billion for "stimulus", saying that it would be used to prevent unemployment from rising above 8.5% and speed up the economic recovery. OBVIOUSLY, that's not what it was used for, because neither of those things happened.


it speed up the recovery! You've had 12 straight quarters of growth ffs!

Now you're just trolling. I refer you to my last response to you saying this same idiotic thing.

Better yet, read this: Forbes -- Worst economic recover ever. Facts, logic, and data, oh my! :o

Or this: Washington Post - "Worst economic recovery America has ever had." Statements by real experts! Pretty graphs! :o

Or this: Even NBC News (Nibble Barack's Cock News) doesn't deny it. More facts, real mathematics, graphs! :o


get an education

Quote:
This isn’t a picture of an economy hobbled by Big Government; it’s a picture of an economy hobbled by premature austerity.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/the-hobbled-recovery/

Quote:
So, more than four years ago I predicted a very slow recovery. Why? Because recessions like those of 1990-91, 2001, and 2007-2009 have very different origins from recessions like 1974-75 or the double-dip recession of 1979-82. The old recessions were more or less deliberately created by the Fed via tight money to control inflation, which meant that you had a V-shaped recovery once the Fed decided that we had suffered enough and loosened the reins. The new recessions all reflected private-sector overreach, which is much harder to make up for.


http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/11/reagan-obama-recovery/

Krugman predicts a slow recovery back in 2008, back when your kind were denying there was even a recession, and people should stop whining.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/postmodern-recessions/
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not persuaded by quotes of one decidedly partisan and ranting lunatic who appears to have lost his mind and most of his credibility over the past couple of years due to unbearable cognitive dissonance as his entire world-view has crumbled around his ears.

Also, stop making shit up. Show me where I denied there was a recession? :roll:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Obama's Accelerating Downward Spiral For America Reply with quote

Forbes: middle class income has declined more during the "Obama Recovery" that it did during the "Bush Recession", and the decline is accelerating.
Quote:
Obama never tires of telling us that the economy was in one of the worst recessions since the Great Depression when he entered office, as if he was the only President to have suffered a recession early in his term. But nobody expected that he would use the vast powers of the most powerful office in the world to make it worse. But that is what he has done.

Even if you start from when the recession ended in June, 2009, the decline since then has been greater than it was during the recession. Three years into the Obama recovery, median family income had declined nearly 5% by June, 2012 as compared to June, 2009. That is nearly twice the decline of 2.6% that occurred during the recession from December, 2007 until June, 2009. As the Wall Street Journal summarized in its August 25-26 weekend edition, “For household income, in other words, the Obama recovery has been worse than the Bush recession.”

The Journal elaborated, “The President portrays the financial decline of American families on his watch as part of a decades-long trend. He’s wrong. Real income for middle income households rose by roughly 30% from 1983 to 2005, according to the Congressional Budget Office.” And MSNBC hosts, listen up, you might learn something. The Journal further explains, “The political left likes to blame the ebbing of union power. But non-government unionization fell dramatically in the 1980s and 90s, and incomes rose.”

... more
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/ykeIYdHc9nE

Just sayin...
_________________
What looks like a cat, flies like a bat, brays like a donkey, and plays like a monkey?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. The GOP ideas that "didn't work in the past, don't work now, and will never work". Unlike Obama's ideas, which are working so well. :roll:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Author Peter Ferrararerrrrra

Quote:
I am Director of Entitlement and Budget Policy for the Heartland Institute


Say no more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you dispute anything specific that he is saying?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Location: Bangalore, India

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: 'A few years ago he would've been carrying our bags' Reply with quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2197527/New-report-reveals-insensitive-racial-remark-Bill-Clinton-Barack-Obama-2008.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Quote:
Bill Clinton made an insensitive racial remark about Barack Obama while his wife battled him for the Democratic nomination vote, it was claimed today.

The former U.S. president, whose wife Hillary battled Obama in the 2008 primary campaign, is said to have remarked of the current president: 'A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.'

Clinton allegedly made the insensitive remark to Senator Ted Kennedy in 2008, while trying to convince him to endorse Hillary for the Democratic nomination, according to the New Yorker.

_________________
What looks like a cat, flies like a bat, brays like a donkey, and plays like a monkey?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 'A few years ago he would've been carrying our bags' Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2197527/New-report-reveals-insensitive-racial-remark-Bill-Clinton-Barack-Obama-2008.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Quote:
Bill Clinton made an insensitive racial remark about Barack Obama while his wife battled him for the Democratic nomination vote, it was claimed today.

The former U.S. president, whose wife Hillary battled Obama in the 2008 primary campaign, is said to have remarked of the current president: 'A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.'

Clinton allegedly made the insensitive remark to Senator Ted Kennedy in 2008, while trying to convince him to endorse Hillary for the Democratic nomination, according to the New Yorker.


it was a comment made off the record.
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you mean to say is, "Oh, well that was a comment made by a Democrat, so let's play along like it didn't happen." :roll:

If Bush or Romney said this, "off the record", the Democrats would incite race riots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2025
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outrageous!

Things like this make me mad!

Obama would have never worked as a baggage handler. He is way to frail. He looks more like a trickster.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. What's racial about this?
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1217
Location: Jefferson, USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing racial about it at all. It's that if a Republican had said this, the Democrats would bitch because it could be racist.

But people know the standard they use against others. Why else do you think sugar so easily accepted the premise that it really was racial?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 'A few years ago he would've been carrying our bags' Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
it was a comment made off the record.
Which just indicates he meant it. Although, in his defense, it has been widely circulated that the Clintons are not fans of the Obamas.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Prenj
n00b
n00b


Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Chris Hedges "The World as it is" Reply with quote

Interesting.

Quote:
"The election of Obama was one more triumph of illusion over substance. It was a skillful manipulation and betrayal of the public by a corporate power elite. We mistook style and ethnicity - an advertising tactic pioneered by Calvin Klein and Benetton - for progressive politics and genuine change" - from "Death of the Liberal Class" by same author


Maybe helps to put Obama/Romney into perspective, for the hopeless ones out there ;)
_________________
“If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmitchell
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 1159
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hedges. Many points of agreement.
_________________
Your argument is invalid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how much someone dislikes the GOP, it is nigh impossible to credibly defend Obama.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
No matter how much someone dislikes the GOP, it is nigh impossible to credibly defend Obama.


compared to Bush he's bloody excellent.
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: 'A few years ago he would've been carrying our bags' Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
sugar wrote:
it was a comment made off the record.
Which just indicates he meant it. Although, in his defense, it has been widely circulated that the Clintons are not fans of the Obamas.


not necessarily. People shoot their mouths off all the time.

If it's on record, then you should be held accountable to it. If it's not, then it probably shouldn't headline the daily mail.
_________________
Jesus Could Be Their Candidate and the Republicans Would Still Lose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum