problems with autodia generating class diagrams
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvaterlaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: problems with autodia generating class diagrams Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I have a problem with autodia. When I try to run it, I get the following errors:
Code:

waiting for start of method def:
Use of uninitialized value $line in pattern match (m//) at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.4/Autodia/Handler/Cpp.pm line 335, <INFILE> line 32.
Use of uninitialized value $line in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.4/Autodia/Handler/Cpp.pm line 335, <INFILE> line 32.

These errors get repeated for about hundrets of times, since the generation of a class diagramm does not really work (or never ends). I have let the script run for about 15 mins, but it never ended and only printed the above errors. Since the app only consists out of three classes, 15 minutes is a long time to wait. I start autodia.pl with the following command line, since I am in the source directory of my project:
Code:

perl /usr/bin/autodia.pl -i "InfoScreen.cpp InfoScreen.h InfoApp.cpp InfoApp.h ConfigReader.cpp ConfigReader.h" -l c++ -o autodia_out.xml

I don't think that this is a bug in the autodia.pl code. I would guess that I miss something like some definition or module which is needed for running autodia.pl. This is what I get from their website:
Quote:

find a perl script/module or a bunch of them.

Is this the part I'm missing? It would be great, if someone could give me some advise for automatically generate class diagrams for c++ classes.

greetings
mvaterlaus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since no one has answered my question, I suggest, that you don't use autodia for generating class diagrams out of your code. Now I'm interested in what you folks use to generate class diagrams. I heard that it is possible with doxygen, but I don't know how to configure it. Do I need doxygen comments in my source for generating class diagrams with doxygen? Can someone point me out a guide on how to configure doxygen to generate class diagrams? Or maybe someone can point out alternative applications, which are free to use and generate class diagrams?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: