NWN and sound
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenKreton
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: NWN and sound Reply with quote

I just installed NWN, and never played in in windows or anything, got it off a clearance rack for next to nothing.

I installed it, unsuccessfully at first but then reinstalled it and it all wokred.

My qyestion is when people are talking are you only supposed to hear the first "bubble" of their text. The bubble pops up when I initiate a conversation, the first bubble is read then goes ot the next or I select an option and they no longer speak the text...Is this just how NWN is, is it just nix, or is it a problem with my system/setup?
lghman
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats just how it is. They only say a few select lines, and they will never say things like your name in the game and such. Still a bitchin' game!

--sonik
GenKreton
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks I was just curious about it since I never played it under windows either. I'm liking it a lot, may get the expansion.

If a mod runs across this you can feel free to delete it.
elzbal
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just the way Neverwinter is. I think it has to do with how much time they had to record things, and how much space they had to store audio.

For most fan-written modules, BTW, there is no voiceover audio (although there is for some, usually of varying but generally lesser quality).
GenKreton
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I want to deal with a download larger than 1.13 gb as it is already so I'll take it the way it is :)

I love my rpgs and I don't mind reading. Always been that way and a large part of me says it always should. Leaves their voice to your imagination, allows for multiple inerpretations of something said sometimes too, without hearing inflection. And the focus of such a game should NOT be voices and such.

Not complaining just curious.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: