Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[overlay] unity-gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brothermechanic wrote:
Don't compiled(((
Code:

 # cat /etc/portage/env/gnome-extra/nm-applet
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"


Code:
nm_applet-applet-device-broadband.o Error

OK I've been able to reproduce this build failure again when enabling the 'modemmanager' USE flag.
I've committed a fix but not claiming it as really fixed yet.

It works for me but please sync up and try to re-emerge nm-applet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brothermechanic
n00b
n00b


Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, shiznix! I glad to say that i did compile nm-applet!
Thank you for fix!!!
Thank you for overlay!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
russK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 224

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about package.keywords.

I was doing an unrelated emerge like this:

Code:
# emerge --ask --autounmask-write =media-tv/mythtv-0.26.0_p20130419:0


I answered yes to question, "Would you like to add these changes to your config files? [Yes/No] ",
and then 'dispatch-conf'. The changes were to the unity file, not the package.keywords file.


Do you know if this is the correct behavior, and/or if there is any way to tell portage how to separate changes for things that are / are not unity related?



Cheers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

russK wrote:
I have a question about package.keywords.

I was doing an unrelated emerge like this:

Code:
# emerge --ask --autounmask-write =media-tv/mythtv-0.26.0_p20130419:0


I answered yes to question, "Would you like to add these changes to your config files? [Yes/No] ",
and then 'dispatch-conf'. The changes were to the unity file, not the package.keywords file.


Do you know if this is the correct behavior, and/or if there is any way to tell portage how to separate changes for things that are / are not unity related?

'man emerge' mentions this about --autounmask:
Code:
If  --autounmask  is  enabled,  changes are written to config files, respecting CONFIG_PROTECT and --ask.  If the corresponding package.* is a file, the changes are appended to it, if it is a directory, changes are written to the lexicographically last file. This way it is always ensured that the new changes take precedence over existing changes.

Because unity-portage.pkeywords just happens to be the last file, changes are written to it. So to keep things seperate you could rename the symlink from
/etc/portage/package.keywords/unity-portage.pkeywords to /etc/portage/package.keywords/00unity-portage.pkeywords

This way the unity keyword file will always be the first file and not get written to by autounmask.

The instruction that comes with the overlay when making the symlink should probably be changed to this, otherwise users could unknowingly have their autounmask changes overwritten when the overlay is synced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
russK
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 224

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation that I probably could have RTFM'd myself. I might go ahead an rename my unity keywords link. I also wonder if a customized profile in the overlay could be another way to avoid the problem. Something to think about maybe.


Cheers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

russK wrote:
Thanks for the explanation that I probably could have RTFM'd myself. I might go ahead an rename my unity keywords link. I also wonder if a customized profile in the overlay could be another way to avoid the problem. Something to think about maybe.


Cheers!

Might be yeah, thanks for the thought :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noclear2000
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 144
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
noclear2000 wrote:
hi there


did anyone manage to add his/her ICQ account via online-accounts-preferences? To use empathy as an ICQ client for example. It is not possible for me because the UI offers only a "done" and "abort" button (translated) but no form fields and labels to enter anything.


This is my version of the control-center item:
Code:
unity-base/gnome-control-center-signon-0.1.6_p0_p01



thanks and cheers

Hi noclear2000!

The UI that should be presented to you asking for your ICQ UIN and password is handled by the unity-base/signon-ui package.
But as a catchall you can try the following:
Code:
eix-update
emerge -a1 $(eix -I signon --only-names)

This will re-install all signon associated packages.

Thanks shiznix. Tried the catchall to no avail. Still only abort and done button but no way to insert ICQ account details. For other types of accounts it is working (also before rebuild attempt). But for those it looks like some kind of iframe displaying webpages (facebook, flickr etc..)

Since the last update there is an other issue for me. Switching symbol-themes is not really working and directly after upgrad everything started looking like Gnome default symbols. Setting symbol theme to ubuntu-mono-dark just switches some icons and sets others to a "no picture found" placeholder that looks like an empty frame/picture. No other symbol them is applied completly. Only 2-5 icons change. The rest seems to be supplemented from the previously set icon theme. I tried to re-emerge ubuntu-themes etc. to no avail. Any idea? Thanks again. :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noclear2000 wrote:
Thanks shiznix. Tried the catchall to no avail. Still only abort and done button but no way to insert ICQ account details. For other types of accounts it is working (also before rebuild attempt). But for those it looks like some kind of iframe displaying webpages (facebook, flickr etc..)

Since the last update there is an other issue for me. Switching symbol-themes is not really working and directly after upgrad everything started looking like Gnome default symbols. Setting symbol theme to ubuntu-mono-dark just switches some icons and sets others to a "no picture found" placeholder that looks like an empty frame/picture. No other symbol them is applied completly. Only 2-5 icons change. The rest seems to be supplemented from the previously set icon theme. I tried to re-emerge ubuntu-themes etc. to no avail. Any idea? Thanks again. :)

Some strange behaviour indeed.
What happens when you try and login to Unity desktop as a new user ?

How are you switching icon themes ?
The preferred method is via System Settings > Appearance > Theme as this gets the theme inheritance right.
(ie. To get ubuntu-mono-dark set the theme to Ambiance (the default), or to get ubuntu-mono-light set the theme to Radiance)

EDIT: I've been able to reproduce the problem by unmerging my installed 'telepathy' packages one-by-one and found it to be telepathy-haze that you need to have installed for ICQ account configuration.
Which if that fixes your problem, says to me that you should enable the 'chat' USE flag for unity-meta and re-emerge it so that it pulls in empathy and the associated telepathy packages ;)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noclear2000
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 144
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:

EDIT: I've been able to reproduce the problem by unmerging my installed 'telepathy' packages one-by-one and found it to be telepathy-haze that you need to have installed for ICQ account configuration.
Which if that fixes your problem, says to me that you should enable the 'chat' USE flag for unity-meta and re-emerge it so that it pulls in empathy and the associated telepathy packages ;)


shiznix - thanks a lot for going the hard way to help me! :) I have the chat use-flag set for the unity-meta package so no new deps are pulled in. Also telepathy-haze was already installed. However quick telepathy-haze remerge did the trick. I see the form fileds now. sadly only the abort button works. done does nothing and thus entries are not saved. I tried starting empathy from commandline to see a possible error, but nothing (related, just about missing icons probabaly due to my other problem).

Going to re-emerge all telephaty related stuff that is already installed. maybe this helps.

EDIT: Funny enough after re-emerging those packages:
Code:
net-im/telepathy-connection-managers
net-im/telepathy-logger
net-im/telepathy-mission-control
net-irc/telepathy-idle
net-libs/telepathy-farstream
net-libs/telepathy-glib
net-libs/telepathy-indicator
net-voip/telepathy-gabble
net-voip/telepathy-haze
net-voip/telepathy-rakia
net-voip/telepathy-salut
it stoppped working again. No possibilty to insert ICQ account credentials. :?:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pelargos
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 129

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
pelargos wrote:
shiznix wrote:
pelargos wrote:
I get this error: :(
http://bpaste.net/show/95381/

Looks like it's probably erroring out on xpdf-headers(+) USE flag syntax and so you might need to do 'emerge portage' to ensure you have the latest portage installed so that it recognises EAPI4 which introduces that syntax.


Same error :/

I'm not sure how to help more on that issue, short of perhaps consulting some Sabayon users ? :(

Hope to see you soon using Unity on Sabayon, it'd be a first I think ;)


I can't solve the error with Sabayon. :/
Btw i installed calculate linux and it's way better :P (FINALLY FOUND MY OS :) )
I haven't tried unity yet cause i don't want to install r2 version and i'll wait but i'm now sure it'll work. (I tried and other overlays and it's ok, because on sabayon i had many problems with overlays).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noclear2000 wrote:
shiznix - thanks a lot for going the hard way to help me! :) I have the chat use-flag set for the unity-meta package so no new deps are pulled in. Also telepathy-haze was already installed. However quick telepathy-haze remerge did the trick. I see the form fileds now. sadly only the abort button works. done does nothing and thus entries are not saved. I tried starting empathy from commandline to see a possible error, but nothing (related, just about missing icons probabaly due to my other problem).

Going to re-emerge all telephaty related stuff that is already installed. maybe this helps.

EDIT: Funny enough after re-emerging those packages:
Code:
net-im/telepathy-connection-managers
net-im/telepathy-logger
net-im/telepathy-mission-control
net-irc/telepathy-idle
net-libs/telepathy-farstream
net-libs/telepathy-glib
net-libs/telepathy-indicator
net-voip/telepathy-gabble
net-voip/telepathy-haze
net-voip/telepathy-rakia
net-voip/telepathy-salut
it stoppped working again. No possibilty to insert ICQ account credentials. :?:

Try deleting your desktop user's cached telepathy/libaccounts/empathy configuration after emerging all the above telepathy packages:
Code:
rm -rfv ~/.cache/telepathy
rm -rfv ~/.local/share/telepathy
rm -rfv ~/.config/libaccounts-glib
rm -rfv ~/.config/Empathy

I think this has highlighted that regardless of the 'chat' USE flag, we really need those telepathy packages in the unity-base/gnome-control-center-signon ebuild as RDEPENDs with an elog warning about the desktop user's cached configs.
Let me know if that fixes for you, thanks :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noclear2000
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 144
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
noclear2000 wrote:
shiznix - thanks a lot for going the hard way to help me! :) I have the chat use-flag set for the unity-meta package so no new deps are pulled in. Also telepathy-haze was already installed. However quick telepathy-haze remerge did the trick. I see the form fileds now. sadly only the abort button works. done does nothing and thus entries are not saved. I tried starting empathy from commandline to see a possible error, but nothing (related, just about missing icons probabaly due to my other problem).

Going to re-emerge all telephaty related stuff that is already installed. maybe this helps.

EDIT: Funny enough after re-emerging those packages:
Code:
net-im/telepathy-connection-managers
net-im/telepathy-logger
net-im/telepathy-mission-control
net-irc/telepathy-idle
net-libs/telepathy-farstream
net-libs/telepathy-glib
net-libs/telepathy-indicator
net-voip/telepathy-gabble
net-voip/telepathy-haze
net-voip/telepathy-rakia
net-voip/telepathy-salut
it stoppped working again. No possibilty to insert ICQ account credentials. :?:

Try deleting your desktop user's cached telepathy/libaccounts/empathy configuration after emerging all the above telepathy packages:
Code:
rm -rfv ~/.cache/telepathy
rm -rfv ~/.local/share/telepathy
rm -rfv ~/.config/libaccounts-glib
rm -rfv ~/.config/Empathy

I think this has highlighted that regardless of the 'chat' USE flag, we really need those telepathy packages in the unity-base/gnome-control-center-signon ebuild as RDEPENDs with an elog warning about the desktop user's cached configs.
Let me know if that fixes for you, thanks :)


Hi shiznix! No, removing those folders didn't help. Still no form fields (again).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noclear2000 wrote:
Hi shiznix! No, removing those folders didn't help. Still no form fields (again).

What USE flags do you have enabled/disabled for net-im/pidgin ?


EDIT: Able to reliably reproduce the missing form fields if net-im/pidgin is built with 'dbus' USE disabled.
So try rebuilding pidgin with 'dbus' USE enabled.

Also found many of the services that also use telepathy-haze (and so pidgin's libpurple) need pidgin to have it's relevant USE flags enabled for those services.
Such as gadu, groupwise, idn, meanwhile, silc, zephyr etc.

I'll add the dbus and other services USE flags as needing to be enabled in gnome-control-center-signon's RDEPENDs and unity-portage.puse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
javispedro
n00b
n00b


Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you will eventually need to pull zeitgeist into the overlay.. :(

Code:
dev-libs/dee:0

  (dev-libs/dee-1.0.14-r2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-libs/dee[icu?,python_targets_python2_6(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_6(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-)] required by (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-0.9.12-r1::gentoo, installed)

  (dev-libs/dee-1.2.3_p0_p01::unity-gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/dee:0/4.2.1= required by (unity-base/unity-7.0.0_p0_p01::unity-gentoo, installed)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

javispedro wrote:
I think that you will eventually need to pull zeitgeist into the overlay.. :(

Code:
dev-libs/dee:0

  (dev-libs/dee-1.0.14-r2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-libs/dee[icu?,python_targets_python2_6(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_6(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-)] required by (gnome-extra/zeitgeist-0.9.12-r1::gentoo, installed)

  (dev-libs/dee-1.2.3_p0_p01::unity-gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-libs/dee:0/4.2.1= required by (unity-base/unity-7.0.0_p0_p01::unity-gentoo, installed)

gnome-extra/zeitgeist now expects dev-libs/dee to use the new python-r1.eclass so I've updated the overlay's dev-libs/dee to use that.
Sync up, fixed in dev-libs/dee/dee-1.2.3_p0_p01-r1.ebuild.

In other commits, we now have a 'qt5' USE flag and some implementation of the new QT5/QML direction that Ubuntu are travelling towards.
There are also some new ebuilds introduced for the 'friends' instant messaging integration.

If you're wondering what 'friends' is about, you can read about it here ->
http://www.webupd8.org/2013/04/install-friends-app-gwibber-rewritten.html
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/04/gwibber-not-in-ubuntu-13-04-install-friends

Nothing pulls it in so you'll need to specifically 'emerge friends-app' and/or 'emerge unity-lens-friends' if you want to try it.
We should see QT5 in portage soon but in the meantime you'll need to add the QT overlay 'layman -a qt' to get QT5.
The gentoo-qt team have done a great job of QT5, very stable and slotted to install alongside QT4 :)

To date, 'friends-app' is the only package that uses QT5 so you can still continue using the unity-gentoo overlay without installing QT5 if you wish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
When I try to compile 'gnome-control-signon' I get following errror http://bpaste.net/show/98972/.
Any idea what's gone wrong?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noclear2000
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 144
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
noclear2000 wrote:
Hi shiznix! No, removing those folders didn't help. Still no form fields (again).

What USE flags do you have enabled/disabled for net-im/pidgin ?


EDIT: Able to reliably reproduce the missing form fields if net-im/pidgin is built with 'dbus' USE disabled.
So try rebuilding pidgin with 'dbus' USE enabled.

Also found many of the services that also use telepathy-haze (and so pidgin's libpurple) need pidgin to have it's relevant USE flags enabled for those services.
Such as gadu, groupwise, idn, meanwhile, silc, zephyr etc.

I'll add the dbus and other services USE flags as needing to be enabled in gnome-control-center-signon's RDEPENDs and unity-portage.puse.


Hi shiznix! Sorry for the delay in response. it has been busy days. Anyway, I have dbus globally set and thus pidgin was already build with dbus use-flag. as part of an upgrade that required three more use-flags of pidgin set it was rebuild et voila. form fields there. but as before done button does nothing and after empathy restart an second add attempt no form fields anymore. :(
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
Hello,
When I try to compile 'gnome-control-signon' I get following errror http://bpaste.net/show/98972/.
Any idea what's gone wrong?

Hi renegart, I'm unable to reproduce.
Can you re-emerge with:
Code:
MAKEOPTS="-j1" emerge -1 gnome-control-center-signon

For reference my working build output -> http://bpaste.net/show/99003/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noclear2000 wrote:
Hi shiznix! Sorry for the delay in response. it has been busy days. Anyway, I have dbus globally set and thus pidgin was already build with dbus use-flag. as part of an upgrade that required three more use-flags of pidgin set it was rebuild et voila. form fields there. but as before done button does nothing and after empathy restart an second add attempt no form fields anymore. :(

You may know this already but just covering all bases here, the 'Done' button will remain greyed out and do nothing until a valid number of digits has been entered into the 'ICQ UIN' field.
For example typing numbers sequentially will not have the 'Done' button become enabled until at least 5 digits have been entered.

I'm unable to reproduce the missing form fields for now, but in the meantime can you provide a paste of the following output:
Code:
qlist -ICUv telepathy pidgin empathy

As a further test, does the same problem happen with a new desktop user ?
Also, did you end up solving the missing/incorrect icon problem ?

Very strange that form fields should be available but then not available immediately after ?
Which with your icon problem tends towards my gut feeling that perhaps your user's ~/ is perhaps poisoned.

So if you can also find the time to test, add a new user to your system, login that user to Unity desktop and see if the behaviour is any different.

Thanks! :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 122

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
renegart wrote:
Hello,
When I try to compile 'gnome-control-signon' I get following errror http://bpaste.net/show/98972/.
Any idea what's gone wrong?

Hi renegart, I'm unable to reproduce.
Can you re-emerge with:
Code:
MAKEOPTS="-j1" emerge -1 gnome-control-center-signon

For reference my working build output -> http://bpaste.net/show/99003/


With 'MAKEOPTS="-j1"' the merge has worked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noclear2000
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 144
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiznix wrote:
noclear2000 wrote:
Hi shiznix! Sorry for the delay in response. it has been busy days. Anyway, I have dbus globally set and thus pidgin was already build with dbus use-flag. as part of an upgrade that required three more use-flags of pidgin set it was rebuild et voila. form fields there. but as before done button does nothing and after empathy restart an second add attempt no form fields anymore. :(

You may know this already but just covering all bases here, the 'Done' button will remain greyed out and do nothing until a valid number of digits has been entered into the 'ICQ UIN' field.
For example typing numbers sequentially will not have the 'Done' button become enabled until at least 5 digits have been entered.

I'm unable to reproduce the missing form fields for now, but in the meantime can you provide a paste of the following output:
Code:
qlist -ICUv telepathy pidgin empathy

As a further test, does the same problem happen with a new desktop user ?
Also, did you end up solving the missing/incorrect icon problem ?

Very strange that form fields should be available but then not available immediately after ?
Which with your icon problem tends towards my gut feeling that perhaps your user's ~/ is perhaps poisoned.

So if you can also find the time to test, add a new user to your system, login that user to Unity desktop and see if the behaviour is any different.

Thanks! :)

Hi shiznix,

Yes, I am aware of tools that allow to press the done button only after some validation constraints are satisfied. In this case this also works here when form fields are available. I see the button changing when I enter my credentials. When the form fields are missing the button is enabled from the beginning.

The requested output:
Code:
root@zenbook [~]# qlist -ICUv telepathy pidgin empathy
net-im/empathy-3.6.4_p0_p04 (gnome v4l)
net-im/pidgin-2.10.7-r1 (dbus gadu groupwise gstreamer gtk idn meanwhile ncurses networkmanager nls sasl silc spell xscreensaver zephyr zeroconf)
net-im/telepathy-connection-managers-2 (icq msn zeroconf)
net-im/telepathy-logger-0.6.0 (introspection)
net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.14.1 (networkmanager upower)
net-irc/telepathy-idle-0.1.16 (python_single_target_python2_7 python_targets_python2_7)
net-libs/telepathy-farstream-0.6.0 (introspection)
net-libs/telepathy-glib-0.20.2 (introspection python_targets_python2_7 vala)
net-libs/telepathy-indicator-0.3.1_p0_p01
net-voip/telepathy-gabble-0.16.4 (jingle)
net-voip/telepathy-haze-0.6.0
net-voip/telepathy-rakia-0.7.4
net-voip/telepathy-salut-0.8.1

I also added a new user, did set is password and logged in to the unity desktop with it. Same problem (no form fields) and on a side note the same button-icons/symbols missing. When logging in as my regular user again after logging out with the temp user the form fields are available again (but *enabled* done button does nothing) on second try directly afterwards no form fields anymore (and done button enabled immediately).

No my icon/symbol issue is still persisting, too. Tried lots of stuff to no avail. That one has probably a higher priority because for example nautilus is hard to use if the back + forward buttons show only red x/empty frame. See screensht here: http://tschulzke.com/misc/nautilus.png

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuaz
n00b
n00b


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, thanks for the unity.

i have a problem xD


Code:
samuel-laptop / # emerge -uDNvta unity-meta                 

 * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'unity-gentoo'.
 * IMPORTANT: 5 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news to read news items.


These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy ">=dev-libs/openssl-0.9.6d:0[bindist=]".
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- dev-libs/openssl-1.0.1e-r1::gentoo (Change USE: +bindist)
- net-misc/openssh-5.9_p1-r4::gentoo (Change USE: -bindist)
(dependency required by "net-misc/openssh-5.9_p1-r4" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gvfs-1.16.1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/nautilus-3.8.1_p0_p01::unity-gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/sushi-3.8.1" [ebuild])

what i need to do?

thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noclear2000
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 144
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi samuaz

basically portage is quite clear on what you need to do:
Code:

!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- dev-libs/openssl-1.0.1e-r1::gentoo (Change USE: +bindist)
- net-misc/openssh-5.9_p1-r4::gentoo (Change USE: -bindist)


Either set USE bindist on openssl or set USE -bindist on openssh. That's it. :)

If not done globally via make.conf you can do it on a per pakcage basis via /etc/portage/package.use. This is a file or a directory.

If it is a file simply append a line with packagename useflags:
Code:

echo "dev-libs/openssl bindist" >> /etc/portage/package.use

If it is a directory simply append that line to a file inside that directory:
Code:

echo "dev-libs/openssl bindist" >> /etc/portage/package.use/unity-useflags


or alternatily echo "net-misc/openssh -bindist".

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shiznix
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Posts: 361
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegart wrote:
With 'MAKEOPTS="-j1"' the merge has worked.

OK, have added that in then ;)

@noclear2000
Your qlist output is mostly similar to mine except for a few exceptions.
I have the following USE flags disabled: -msn -nls -spell -xscreensaver -zeroconf
I also have dev-python/telepathy-python-0.15.19 installed.

If you still have no joy after trying that USE flag combination, you can dig deeper with some debug output.
The ICQ service is provided by telepathy-haze which plugs into libpurple (signond is used to sign into ICQ but signon-ui use is reserved for those webkit iframe style logins).
So we just need to debug telepathy-haze/libpurple/pidgin and signond I think.

To debug signond, edit /etc/signond.conf and change 'LoggingLevel=2' - this will log debug output to syslog
To debug telepathy do the following as your desktop user:
Code:
G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all HAZE_PERSIST=1 HAZE_DEBUG=all /usr/libexec/telepathy-haze 2>&1 | tee telepathy-haze.log

While both are logging, open System Settings and attempt to add an ICQ account.

Another thing to try is fire up 'pidgin -d' as desktop user and see if you can add an ICQ account, while consulting the pidgin debug output.

My gut feeling is some problem with telepathy-haze/libpurple/pidgin as those form fields will only appear if that backend stuff is working properly.

For the missing icon problem get a strace log (emerge strace) from nautilus:
Code:
strace -Ff -tt -p $(pidof nautilus) 2>&1 | tee nautilus.strace

Fire up nautilus file manager so you can see the missing icons, then close nautilus.
If you can tar the strace file up and make it available for download somewhere it'd be much appreciated :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
noclear2000
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 144
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi shiznix! :)

Nautilus strace first (pretty verbose even on the PID 2727 before i managed to start a nautilus window). did it as fast as i could: http://tschulzke.com/misc/nautilus.strace.tar.gz

In case it is of any importance PID 2727 is the default nautilus process:
Code:

thilo@zenbook [~]$ ps -ef | grep [n]autilus
thilo     2727  2633  4 20:19 ?        00:00:34 nautilus -n
thilo@zenbook [~]$

Trying the ICQ stuff now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 21 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum