UT2004 not found in mirrors
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: UT2004 not found in mirrors Reply with quote

Been running ut2004 fine for some time, but when trying to emerge it on a new machine, *** could not be found on any mirrors. As luck would have it, I just blew away everything in /usr/portage/distfiles to make space for ut2004-data, where there was probably a cached copy.

Searching the web, I noticed a lot of other places with links to download that file were also 404'ing, though with persistence I eventually found a copy. But I couldn't find any info on why it should no longer be on the Gentoo mirrors.

Code:

littledebbie ~ # emerge ut2004
Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) games-fps/ut2004-3369.3-r1
 * ut2004-lnxpatch3369-2.tar.bz2 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                                     [ ok ]
>>> Downloading 'http://gentoo-distfiles.mirrors.tds.net/distfiles/ut2004-v3369-3-linux-dedicated.7z'
--2014-07-27 16:32:54--  http://gentoo-distfiles.mirrors.tds.net/distfiles/ut2004-v3369-3-linux-dedicated.7z
Resolving gentoo-distfiles.mirrors.tds.net... 216.165.129.135
Connecting to gentoo-distfiles.mirrors.tds.net|216.165.129.135|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2014-07-27 16:32:55 ERROR 404: Not Found.

(and again and again for each mirror tried)

ChrisJumper
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Check out: http://www.utserver.de/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,33/func,startdown/id,26/

Got that link from bugs.gentoo.org 506112 but its still not resolved in the upstream. :/

Regrats
bent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: UT2004 not found in mirrors Reply with quote

As I'd mentioned I had already found a copy:
bent wrote:
Searching the web, I noticed a lot of other places with links to download that file were also 404'ing, though with persistence I eventually found a copy. But I couldn't find any info on why it should no longer be on the Gentoo mirrors.

What I should have added is: why should the file have disappeared from the Gentoo mirrors? Should I file a bug?
The Doctor
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: UT2004 not found in mirrors Reply with quote

bent wrote:
What I should have added is: why should the file have disappeared from the Gentoo mirrors? Should I file a bug?
The answer to that is, no idea. Someone probably goofed.

Second is you should, but check first. In this case the bug has already been filed so no you shouldn't make a duplicate bug report.
bent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doc. Since it seems to have disappeared from so many places at once (about other sites I googled had links that 404'd) I wondered if it might have been no accident, as if Midway (or whoever owns the UT2004 rights) had sent takedown notices, perhaps?

I didn't find any reported bugs when researching the problem, so I'll open one. Cheers

EDIT: I didn't find it then, but there is in fact a bug open since March: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=506112
The bug has a link to a good copy of the file, but nothing's been done since the bug was opened :/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: