View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehighpander
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I should just re-install with the nvidia drivers in mind from the get-go. I'm going to go mess around a bit, and if that doesn't work, its re-install time.

thanks for your time and help everyone, I actually learned a bit in the process.

AMD Phenom 2 x4 840, 8gb DDR3, 1x 64gb Kingston SSD, 1x WD 2TB HDD, Nvidia 9800gt
thehighpander
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, well, I reinstalled and ran into the same problem, then I reinstalled and installed X11, nvidia drivers, and lxde all before my first reboot after the install was over, and the system booted flawlessly. As best I can tell, the system just doesn't like to let go of the nouveau drivers, so I never gave them a chance to load. Odd, but it might help someone else, so I thought I'd share.

AMD Phenom 2 x4 840, 8gb DDR3, 1x 64gb Kingston SSD, 1x WD 2TB HDD, Nvidia 9800gt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: