Installing WINE on 12.1 amd64
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
contraversy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Installing WINE on 12.1 amd64 Reply with quote

I have been searching regarding an error while attempting to install wine, and see that it has something to do with 32bit compatibility. Is it simple like other distros to just install 32bit libraries to allow wine to install? Or do I have to configure something else instead? I noticed in my /etc/make.conf that my processor was only showing "-j2" when I am running a quad core AMD processor, and it failed to boot after changing it to "-j5" granted I am new to gentoo but not with linux I figured I'd quickly be able to figure this out.

Should I install the x86_amd64 livedvd instead? Or is there some packages I should install/modify on the 64bit version first to get wine to emerge?
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the output of emerge --info app-emulation/wine ; cat -n /etc/make.conf.
ZFect
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi contraversy.

I also use amd64. Posting your output when you try to emerge wine will help us to be able to help you.

You might already know this but just in case, when emerging packages such as wine, sometimes you have to let portage know that you are fine installing certain package versions that have not been yet thoroughly tested on the amd64 platform. You do this by setting accept keywords into your /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords file. This webpage describes this process in more detail. http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Portage. In my experience, most software I've emerged that required this ran just fine including wine :).

Hope this helps!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: