Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
mplayer 1.1 extras (stereoscopic, coreavc, vaapi)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryszardzonk
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: mplayer 1.1 extras (stereoscopic, coreavc, vaapi) Reply with quote

I have updated several patches for mplayer. So far I saw it build properly, but I would welcome some testing whether they actually work ;)

they are located hre
http://bigvo.dyndns.org/mplayer/

applyed in that order
1) stereoscopic
2) coreavc
3) mplayer-vaapi

some might want to use my ebuild http://bigvo.dyndns.org/mplayer/mplayer-1.1-r1.ebuild

I would more than welcome if someone would step up and port the mplayer2 patch for ordered mkv - mplayer-orderedmkv-1.1-need_fixing.patch taken from here http://repo.or.cz/w/mplayer.git/commit/58497380e5222749892414089d26916095c0485c

btw
have any of You guys actually loked at the code. It has some nice comments ;)
Code:
libmpcodecs/vd_ffmpeg.c

// HACK: FFmpeg thread handling is a major mess and
// hinders any attempt to decide on hwaccel after the
// codec is open. We really want this to change, so
// just beat it until it's dead

Gusar
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that's awesome. Have you posted the patches to mplayer-dev-eng mailing list? You should. Having vaapi in upstream mplayer would be brilliant.

Also, would you consider porting the vaapi patch to mplayer2?
ryszardzonk
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would post them to the mplayer dev ML, but before I do post them to their mailing list I would be much happier if someone here will test them first to see if they work at all. For instance I have no access to the stereoscopic sources for test nor I have coreavc and it would take someoe that use it to test whether it is worth placing in their ML <me thinks>.

I would not port any of this work to the mplayer2 as simply am not the programer anfd wouldn't now how. All I did is looked at the code and patches to see where the changes might apply but whether was it done in the proper way I just don't know. I believe however that even it does not work it is much better starting point for skilled programer in order to update it

btw vaapi compering to the vdpau have no mpeg1 support in mplayer. Anyone :?: 8)
Gusar
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really need the help of hardware to decode mpeg1? :)

Coreavc isn't actually that fast. It used to be faster a long time ago, but then two things happened: ffh264 got further optimized, and it gained multi-threading. So coreavc doesn't actually offer anything of value.

Stereoscopic might be interesting, but I don't have appropriate material to test it either.

So all I can test is the vaapi patch. And well, it works. I compile mplayer manually, outside the package manager. I've always done that. So I downloaded the MPlayer-1.1 tarball. Your patch applied, the thing compiled, and does what it's supposed to.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: