Error during genkernel build: failed to compile "all" target
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliptical_clocks
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Error during genkernel build: failed to compile "all&qu Reply with quote

Hello Gentoo users. I have a problem trying to compile genkernel. This is my first time using Gentoo. I am following the Gentoo handbook for AMD64, and got stuck with an error message during 'genkernel all'. Here is some of the output from the terminal for now, but if you need more information, let me know and I will post relevant logs.

Code:
  DOC     BusyBox.html
  CC      util-linux/umount.o
  AR      util-linux/lib.a
  LINK    busybox_unstripped
Trying libraries: crypt m
Failed: -Wl,--start-group -lcrypt -lm -Wl,--end-group
Output of:
gcc -Wall -Wshadow -Wwrite-strings -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wunused -Wunused-parameter -Wunused-function -Wunused-value -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wold-style-definition -fno-builtin-strlen -finline-limit=0 -fomit-frame-pointer -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-guess-branch-probability -funsigned-char -static-libgcc -falign-functions=1 -falign-jumps=1 -falign-labels=1 -falign-loops=1 -Os -static -o busybox_unstripped -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--sort-section,alignment -Wl,--start-group applets/built-in.o archival/lib.a archival/libarchive/lib.a console-tools/lib.a coreutils/lib.a coreutils/libcoreutils/lib.a debianutils/lib.a e2fsprogs/lib.a editors/lib.a findutils/lib.a init/lib.a libbb/lib.a libpwdgrp/lib.a loginutils/lib.a mailutils/lib.a miscutils/lib.a modutils/lib.a networking/lib.a networking/libiproute/lib.a networking/udhcp/lib.a printutils/lib.a procps/lib.a runit/lib.a selinux/lib.a shell/lib.a sysklogd/lib.a util-linux/lib.a util-linux/volume_id/lib.a archival/built-in.o archival/libarchive/built-in.o console-tools/built-in.o coreutils/built-in.o coreutils/libcoreutils/built-in.o debianutils/built-in.o e2fsprogs/built-in.o editors/built-in.o findutils/built-in.o init/built-in.o libbb/built-in.o libpwdgrp/built-in.o loginutils/built-in.o mailutils/built-in.o miscutils/built-in.o modutils/built-in.o networking/built-in.o networking/libiproute/built-in.o networking/udhcp/built-in.o printutils/built-in.o procps/built-in.o runit/built-in.o selinux/built-in.o shell/built-in.o sysklogd/built-in.o util-linux/built-in.o util-linux/volume_id/built-in.o -Wl,--end-group -Wl,--start-group -lcrypt -lm -Wl,--end-group
==========
coreutils/lib.a(id.o): In function `get_groups':
id.c:(.text.get_groups+0xa): warning: Using 'getgrouplist' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
libbb/lib.a(bb_pwd.o): In function `xgetgrgid':
bb_pwd.c:(.text.xgetgrgid+0x4): warning: Using 'getgrgid' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
archival/libarchive/lib.a(data_extract_all.o): In function `data_extract_all':
data_extract_all.c:(.text.data_extract_all+0x307): warning: Using 'getgrnam' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
shell/lib.a(ash.o): In function `argstr':
ash.c:(.text.argstr+0xf0): warning: Using 'getpwnam' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
libbb/lib.a(bb_pwd.o): In function `xgetpwuid':
bb_pwd.c:(.text.xgetpwuid+0x4): warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
libbb/lib.a(xconnect.o): In function `str2sockaddr':
xconnect.c:(.text.str2sockaddr+0x100): warning: Using 'getaddrinfo' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
libbb/lib.a(inet_common.o): In function `INET_rresolve':
inet_common.c:(.text.INET_rresolve+0xbd): warning: Using 'gethostbyaddr' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
util-linux/lib.a(mount.o): In function `nfsmount':
mount.c:(.text.nfsmount+0xd8): warning: Using 'gethostbyname' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
libbb/lib.a(xconnect.o): In function `bb_lookup_port':
xconnect.c:(.text.bb_lookup_port+0x41): warning: Using 'getservbyname' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
--
mount.c:(.text.nfsmount+0xa9a): undefined reference to `clnt_sperror'
mount.c:(.text.nfsmount+0xac1): undefined reference to `clnt_sperror'
mount.c:(.text.nfsmount+0xc79): undefined reference to `bindresvport'
mount.c:(.text.nfsmount+0xcc5): undefined reference to `pmap_getport'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [busybox_unstripped] Error 1
* Gentoo Linux Genkernel; Version 3.4.20
* Running with options: all

* ERROR: Failed to compile the "all" target...

I've Google'd the hell out of the problem, but found no practical solution. However, one forum post from 2010 indicates that this is a bug with glibc, and the solution is to re-emerge glibc. I've tried that, but it still doesn't work.
adversity
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer is a few posts above...

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-921928.html?sid=d859d83f12ee1ba8f5520ea8eae28889

Short Answer, upgrade genkernel.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: