SuperLU questions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred Krogh
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: SuperLU questions Reply with quote

I am hoping to use SuperLU with OpenMP. First I have tried the main SuperLU site and downloaded superlu_mt_2.0.tar.gz. I also emerged blas-atlas. But this SuperLU wants to call blas with the usual Fortran name, and blas-atlas prefixes the names with cblas_, which I understand to be a kind of standard way of doing things at this point. But there seem to be other problems geting the make file set up, that I just find plain confusing. (I'm guessing I might cure the blas problem with a bunch of defines.)

Then I noticed that gentoo has a superlu package --- hurrah! But it is missing many of the files mentioned in the README provided in /usr/share/doc/superlu-4.3/. And it is unclear to me how to get this code to run, and just what version I have, i.e. single-threaded, using pthreads, openmp, ...?
If anyone out there would like to help a lost soul with this, I'd love to hear from you. The authors listed for the superlu package, do not respond to emails.

And if superlu is a lost cause, can someone suggest something with similar functionality? Many thanks,
Fred
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: