So many missing package files [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenMouse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: So many missing package files [SOLVED] Reply with quote

A few days ago, I issued `emerge netbeans` and have spent the time since hunting down file after file for portage, because it can't find them itself. The most recent one is owanttask-1.1-gentoo.tar.bz2. A lot of these files are coming up 404'd on all of the mirrors that portage attempts. I've been noticing this sort of thing for the past several months: I go to install a package and have to go find the file myself because it doesn't exist on the mirror anymore. Is anyone else running into this?

Oh, and for what it's worth, my `emerge netbeans` has left me with at least 25 packages in this state, where I have to track it down myself. One or two, I can deal with. 25? This is just getting ridiculous.

Arch is amd64.

Last edited by GoldenMouse on Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
sebaro
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"wget http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/owanttask-1.1-gentoo.tar.bz2", works here. Don't you use the gentoo mirrors?
GoldenMouse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirrors.cs.wmich.edu/gentoo". Switching it to ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/gentoo/

...looks like it works! Phew! I was worried that stable was getting so little attention that it was starting to fall apart. Turns out, I just had a bad mirror.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: