Single Sign On in a mixed environment Linux+Windows
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mythos
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Single Sign On in a mixed environment Linux+Windows Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am trying to find a solution to improve security at our system with a centralized authentication.

I am looking for a linux server solution to do that in a robust way. (Active Directory is not mandatory but if exist a solution in linux it will be helpfull).

How can i implement this solution having in linux and windows servers? What is the best solution?

Best Regards,
Sérgio Machado
Linux dune 3.0.6-gentoo #1 SMP Thu Oct 27 16:47:29 WEST 2011 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
dwbowyer
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure, but you may want to look at OpenLDAP. http://doc.gabosh.net/ may be of help to you.
funkyFlash
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you and I are seeking the same thing :) (see a few threads down).

Check out https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-565180-start-0.html for how to set up kerberos, which allows auth for linux machines, and windows against your existing kerberos domain. I'm missing the other piece, which is having users managed outside kerberos, and having the same set of users across an organization.
salahx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is far easier to add Linux to Active Directory, the to add Windows to a non-AD Kerberos domain: Just edit 2 lines in smb.conf, and do a "net ads join". Poof - instant member! If DNS is setup properly, no Kerberos configuration required! You'll need to run winbind (which incompatible with ncsd) and configure pam (note the latter document is quite dated, things like pam_stack are long dead)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: