View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toralf
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: [solved]new QT home page wrongly rendered with Firefox Reply with quote

This link http://qt-project.org/wiki/OnlineCommunities doesn't like my Firefox 10.0.1 (content shifted to the right side of my panel) . Anybody else has problems with it ?

Last edited by toralf on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Etal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fine for me with Firefox 10.0.1

http://ompldr.org/vZDB5cg/qt.png

Maybe it's some addon causing trouble?
toralf
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Etal wrote:
Maybe it's some addon causing trouble?
yes (http://ompldr.org/vZDB5dg) unfortunately I cannot narrow it to the guilty addon :-(
miket
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one more idea: there may be a mismatch between the CSS and the HTML. Web developers often enough make changes to the page layout that require changes to the stylesheet. This means that you need to view the page with the version of the stylesheet the developers had in mind when you fetched the page.

Firefox used to suffer from a "feature" that was a big PITA for web developers: if it had a .css file in the cache, it would omit checking if there was an updated version when it fetched a page needing the stylesheet. The theory was that it made the browser look better in benchmarks, but it was a *really* misguided idea. It led developers to have to make little file-naming tricks that could cause their own problems. I'm very thankful that Firefox has quit doing that (I am also running version 10.0.1, and I checked for the behavior with a packet sniffer).

Still, there's the off chance that in the course of the upgrade your cache got confused--or no telling what. Try loading the page again. If that still doesn't work, try clearing the browser cache then reloading.
toralf
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah - now it works.

I'm pretty sure it is the described cache problem (I re-loaded that page again and again before w/o success) - b/c now it works and I didn't updated any plugin/add-on/etc.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: