Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Funky Synergy setup with three monitors?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sinisterdomestik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Funky Synergy setup with three monitors? Reply with quote

So I've been looking into this for 2 days now, and haven't found a solid yes or no answer. I have my Gentoo box and my Windows box. My screen setup is
Code:
[linux1][windows][linux2]
with the Synergy server running on my Windows box.
As far as my Linux box goes, I have screen [linux1] set as Xscreen 1, and [linux2] set as Xscreen 0 in nvidia-settings. Doing this sets [linux2] as my primary Linux window, with [linux1] to the right of it, which is perfect. I have also got my Linux box setup so that both screen (22" and 19") have the resolution set respectively and have the Fluxbox taskbar on both, whereas before, the bottom 3/4 of [linux1](19") was always cut off.

Now the tricky/weird part is this:
The mouse/keyboard are wired into my Windows box, so the mouse moves from [windows] -> [linux2] -> stops at edge of screen. HOWEVER, from [linux2] I can use the mouse wired into my Linux box and go from [linux2] to [linux1]. While I have my Linux mouse manually move the cursor over to [linux1], if I use my Windows mouse, the cursor pops back up at the far edge of [linux2].

Is it possible to have the screen setup I want, and have the mouse move correctly from [windows] -> [linux2] ->[linux1]? Or perhaps there is some way to have Synergy "run" seperately on [linux1], then the mouse could go from left or right onto either Linux screen?

Thank you in advance for any help with this.
sinisterdomestik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this isn't the right sub for this topic, please move it to where it should go so I can get some help. Thank you
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: