View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billium
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone involved, it looks good so far.

How do I get notifications like usb drives etc. I assume it is something to do with qtnotifydaemon, but cannot find any docs on that.

Also how do you remove the clock on the desktop?
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrc1944 wrote:
Thanks much for the info! :) I'm really looking forward to 1.3.5. Anyone know of an ETA for this release? If it's going to be more than a 2-3 weeks, I'm tempted to try the live qt-overlay version. One thing- if the overlay razor-qt live version is used can we still use the ~Arch qt version in portage, or will that require and/or pull in a live qt version?

From what I heard both QupZilla and Razor-Qt are heading for a new release this month. But it is perfectly safe to use the live ebuild for both these packages with Qt 4.8.2. There is no need for live Qt (these ebuilds are unkeyworded for a reason), and Qt5 is still a work in progress. You may want to mask slot 5 of the qt-* packages for now, if you use the qt overlay, unless you want to experiment/develop with it.
anyNiXwilldo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am installing it as soon as the new version is released. I think I will ditch icewm as my backup wm at that point.
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To remove the desktop clock, go into .razor/desktop.conf, and remove the separate analog clock stanza marked "default," and then logout and back into razor.

However, don't remove any analogclock references under this heading:
Code:
 [razor]
desktops\size=1
desktops\1\plugins=analogclock_{2223177a-4640-44a2-bff0-aaf2886dd6b9}, analogclock_{6ccd909b-ab7e-425c-b3c6-08a8be4e6903}, analogclock_{55d0c36c-f165-4e4a-bcad-1623062a6e40}, analogclock_{9f6aa240-ca6c-4ffd-a666-2abb76938dc3}, analogclock_default, iconview_default
mouse_wheel_desktop_switch=false

Not sure why these two references are under the [razor] heading, but they don't appear to make any clocks appear on the desktop. All I have now is the normal panel clock on the right-hand side.
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.7.2 USE=experimental python3_11
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed the new 1.3.5 QupZilla, and apparently there's no progress on the bookmark problems I mentioned on page 2 of this thread. As before, I can add individual bookmarks to the bookmarks toolbar from my 15 imported Firefox bookmark folders (grouped under the qupzilla bookmarks menu).

This is achieved by opening the Organize Bookmarks item in the menu, and dragging the selected single bookmark into the "Bookmarks in Toolbar" folder. However, this is not useful, unless you only use a few bookmarks.

What's needed is being able to place (drag) the 15 firefox bookmark folders (each populated with 50-100+ bookmarks and a few sub-folders) into Qupzilla "Bookmarks in Toolbar" folder, where they are instantly accessible.

Also, while you can drag a firefox folder to the "Bookmarks in Toolbar" folder, it only shows shows up as an empty un-named folder, and you can't add any bookmarks to it.

Further, it disappears if you restart Qupzilla. Still further, you still can't drag any folder or single bookmark up or down in anything under the Bookmarks menu, or even the "Organize Bookmarks" folders and lists."

Sadly, for me, a lack of these basic browser features still renders Qupzilla currently unusable. Are these features actually there, and I'm just missing something?

I just can't revert to having to scroll through a huge number of bookmarks folders under the one vertical Bookmarks menu. Further, I can't see reverting to a browser that lacks the Firefox "add bookmark here2" in each Bookmark Toolbar folder (and all individual subfolders). Maybe I could live with the little "click star/choose folder to save in" method, but only if the folders are shown on the Bookmark Toolbar.
OpenRC Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.36-r7, gcc-13.2.1_p20230304
kernel-6.7.2 USE=experimental python3_11
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I think I finally understand your issue.
You probably hit 2 problems:
1) qupzilla currently does not allow arbitrary path depths. You can't put folders into folders ("Toolbar menu" is just sort of a category). For me the import of the firefox bookmarks created one folder - "Firefox Import" - and put all bookmarks into that folder, even those from subfolders without creating them - a "flat view" of the firefox bookmarks.

As you somehow got subfolders there must have gone something wrong, leading me to
2) possible incompatibility between firefox bookmark storage and qupzilla import.
Which firefox version do you use?
How did you import those bookmarks? Did you select "firefox" and chose the places.sqlite? Or did you export firefox bookmarks to html and then import that file to qupzilla?
gerard27
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted the same problem on the first page in this thread.
I am now running version 0.50.
I'd really like to switch from kde but I can't do without my wacomtablet.
I am running kwin as WM.
I've installed several kde parts and of course kde-misc/wacomtablet.
So far when I try kde systemsettings for graphic tablet I get
Code:

dbus connection to the kded daemon not available.
Please start the Wacom tablet daemon and try again.
The daemon is responsible for tablet detection and profile support.

Restarting kded4 doesn't help.
My tablet is recognized by the system ok,/var/log/Xorg.log shows it as soon as I plug it in.
And AFAIK there's no such thing as a "tablet daemon".
In my kde install everything works fine.
Please tell me how to solve this.
Gerard.
http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
gerard27
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed gimp-2.8.2.
With the tablet plugged in I can see it in the gimp preferences.
But I need other adjustments to it than gimp offers.
I think I'll forget about razor and wait a year,then see if it'll work.
Gerard.
http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I try razorqt for now. I could disable all *Kit related add-ons (power, suspend and mount) and it is fine.

I have a question : how can I change the window title bars? with obconf?
And is are there some simple CPU / battery monitors that don't depend on upower/ucpu/*, but using a KISS ACPI layer ?
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reply myself : obconf can change the apparence of the windows

But I didn't found a working non *Kit-dependant (or based on other DM) battery monitor.
Nevertheless, I see the battery status in emacs :lol:

EDIT: there was a CPU monitor (USE="cpuload" on the panel plugin). And a battery monitor is on the pipe.
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x11-misc/ptbatterysystemtray works with dbus, but I don't think you need any *kit
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it really depends on upower, which needs *Kit.
The ebuild don't have the dependancy, but the homepage of that package explicitly says it's using upower/*Kit.
jrussia
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed to change the Chromium command line options for the application menu/quicklaunch buttons to use --disable-accelerated-compositing. Here is how I did it:

1. Find the config file for the application in /usr/share/applications.

For example:

Code:
c-gbox applications # vim /usr/share/applications/chromium-browser-chromium.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Chromium
Type=Application
Comment=Open-source version of Google Chrome web browser
Exec=chromium-browser %U
TryExec=chromium-browser
Icon=chromium-browser
Categories=Network;WebBrowser;
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml+xml;x-scheme-handler/http;x-scheme-handler/https;x-scheme-handler/ftp;x-scheme-handler/mailto;x-scheme-handler/webcal;
StartupWMClass=chromium-browser

2. The key field to change here is "Exec", so I update mine

Code:
Exec=chromium-browser --disable-accelerated-compositing %U

3. Finally, logoff and restart RazorQt (not sure if there is a quicker way.)

Details about the .desktop files: http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html
jrussia
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the clock and other widgets can be removed now by right clicking on them and choosing "Remove plugin..."
MarcoMarin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, is this still the Razor-QT thread, or should I create another, fresher, one? : )

anyway, managed to install razor-qt without any problems! All was happy, until I decided to emerge --depclean, it began removing some razorqt packages I thought I would need.. like hibernation.. I decided to break the program (oops :oops: I should have checked before doing it, I know) but it probably messed things up..

I tried re-emerging razorqt, but bumped against this bug:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-983438-start-0.html

Which is weird, since it didn't happened the first time around. I tried changing the USE variable with -lightdm and also the suggestions on that thread later, to bypass lightdm (in fact I prefer to login through CLI and startx later).

But startrazor, razor-session, etc.. all seem to be part of lightdm (find command tells me those executables can be found on it's directory, which is now in var/tmp since it's failing installation).

X server is still working, and i'm pretty sure openbox is unharmed as well. But I don't know how to invoke razorqt without those commands (which seem to depend on lightdm) and the suggestions on the thread didn't seem to work or change emerged packages nor their compilation etc..

How can I invoke razor without lightdm? or anyone has some other suggestion, like unmerging razor and re-emerging? (tried a version of that idea, but didn't seem to work, both with and without -lightdm) perhaps i can't do that on the -meta version of it?
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running lxde but I don't use the startlxde command.

I use regular startx and have .xinitrc start the lxsession part of it.

Should work the same for razor using razorqt-session (whatever the binaries called)
MarcoMarin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's exactly my problem.. I also use startx, but the command which once worked to invoke razor, is no more..

I thought maybe it was a PATH dir missing, but the find command suggests they were inside the lightdm dir, which has this bug apparently. As you say, there must be a binary it calls after that (one would hope! 8O ), so I can replace it in .xinitrc but, I can't find it....

I tried startrazor (the one which worked before the depclean fiasco :lol: ) and razor-session (Im not sure anymore if this ever worked, but it is certainly gone now)

if there was a way to clean the slate and start over, but I tried emerging razorqt-meta again, and it didnt work :( I did try to remove it some other ways before that, even allowing depclean to do its thing, then reemerging, but nothing... maybe i should try -C or -unmerge (not sure about those either)

thanks.
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try and depclean everything that can be first. What does "emerge --depclean -p" show?

Then you need to delete the rest of the razor-qt stuff and lightdm (if any pieces remain) and re-emerge razor-qt with "-lightdm" if you're not using it.

"qlist -IC razorqt-base" should show you if any pieces are still emerged.
MarcoMarin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This qlist will tell me what to rm, right?

I will run the -p for you as soon as I get to the box, but upfront I can tell you I'm quite worried about my blunt.. :oops: it first said to me it was going to remove 53 or so packages, then I ctrl-c at the 3rd package (they were all razorqt, so Im hopeful it didnt mess anything else), but when I rerun depclean it now only had 20 or so packages to remove... :?

I hope I'm over-reacting and developers considered power outages could happen during the process? (brain power outages, lol). I probably tried other removals before I allowed depclean to go, so maybe that accounts for it and hopefully everything is good =)

Also, I'm afraid that thread suggestion may not work (as it isn't now, and technically I'm only missing lightdm) if I try to emerge using -lightdm? Though I'm probably missing something there to make it work, like adding something to 90session?

be right back....
MarcoMarin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

depclean gave nothing after I allowed it to run. Is there something specific you're looking for? (or you agree with me that's a good thing? :D )

But your idea of the qlist seems to work, if my apothesis above about unmerging meta not being very useful (since it's just a collection of stuff), listing the -base as you suggested and seeing what's still there to remove holds promise (re-emerging right now :) )... I had to use an asterisk... as in emerge --unmerge razorqt-base/* ... and it worked! :o didnt had to go through them all.. who needs meta. 8)

hope it works, report back tomorrow. :-)

**worrying now about that lightdm left over in var/tmp.. what if emerge thinks it doesnt need to recompile something :( **
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it finish up and see what's going on.

If you are using startx you don't need lightdm.

If there is still something left in /var/tmp/portage/x11-misc/lightdm, that can be removed by root.
Dont Panic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the status of the Razor-QT project?

I understood that LXDE and Razor-QT were going to merge, and abandon the standalone projects.

But I see some new releases and commits in the Razor-QT github repository. So, apparently, my perception wasn't exactly correct.
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont Panic wrote:
What's the status of the Razor-QT project?

They're working on it.
http://blog.lxde.org/ -- scroll down to see various posts about it.
MarcoMarin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... that was quicker than I thought...

it didn't help though, cleaned the slate for razorqt (I believe... with that asterisk), but same problem.. :(

The only parcel of an additional clue I could offer is being more specific about the package it is having problem with.. it's the "greeter" of lightdm... razorqt-lightdm-greeter-0.5.2

I'd be happy to ditch lightdm altogether.. if someone could help me understand how the guy on that other thread managed to do it.... I added the package.use he said (comment out before that last experiment), but didn't work it seems. :?

Or maybe someone could describe how would I go about finding razorqt binaries? (so I can invoke them from xinitrc)

thanks.
MarcoMarin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, you guys were talking.. while I was typing :) cool!

I think I've read somewhere the joint effort was only the part about making qt more independent from kde.. or something to that effect? not necessarily a merger of the actual projects in their entirety...

so, anon-e-mous (hey, clever.. :P ) you think it wold make a difference to rm the whole tmp folder? I'm noob, so the hammer I know would really wipe the thing (rm -r tmp/). should I be more subtle? and would that make a difference to emerge at all?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: