Html5 Flash Player in your browser
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yermandu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Html5 Flash Player in your browser Reply with quote

Greetings Gentoo

I Have a Question about html5 in my browser: How we can work without adobe player ?

For severals month i try use Chromium/With Vlc Plugin. This tatical was working in October, November and December 2011. Was amazing. But after start 2012 several sites can not work properly anymore. So i try found how is the best set to work html5 + youtube.

Chromium has too many updates, i could say per week. I always try last 18.0.x.y version.

I try icecat, firefox, epiphany, arora, chromium web browsers, but all fail

For replace Adobi Player i try

• Vlc Plugin
  • Lightspark Player
  • Totem

Codecs used

• Swfdec
  • Ffmpeg
  • Theora
  • Ogg
  • Webm
  • x264

After the crashes i pass to use 9999 versions of codec, thinking this is a issue problems.

Well i think us worst enemy is Really adobe, because it protects drm, so youtube need to concede changes to protect adobe, and always youtube update their politics rules upload, the alternative players need accomplish the changes to work too.

But videos doesnt work on vimeo, dailymotion, videos.sapo.pt too.

fact, we need abandon Adobe, but what we could substitute ?

Tell us what you do, to work in most cases. How we can solve this issues.

Regards,
Etal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Youtube, you need to set https://www.youtube.com/html5, and a majority of videos (at least the ones I watch) should work.

With other sites, Firefox won't work because until a few weeks ago, they refused to support patent-encumbered codecs. Supposedly Chromium supports x264.

There also exist some scripts and extensions that allow you to download videos from popular sites, but I haven't used them recently.

(I haven't used flash since that time a few years ago when they dropped 64-bit support :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: