Problems with flash & some pages in firefox/chrome [Solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szensz-siempre
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Problems with flash & some pages in firefox/chrome [Solv Reply with quote

Greetings everyone!

Having a little frustration with accessing some sites and/or getting them to display all content using chromium and firefox.

For example, trying to access a site on blogspot gives me a "server not found message" using firefox-8.0 or a "This webpage is not available" message in chrome. I am connected to the Internet, and the same site gives me no problem when I try and access it using IE on a virtual windows machine running in virtual box at the same time. Another example is youtube, when I try and access youtube in gentoo the site layout is very strange (it seems like the frames are missing, and the thumbnails for the videos are missing) and I cannot open up any of the flash videos. When I right click on the black box where the video should be playing I get a pop-up offering to tell me more about adobe-flash-11.1.102.55, and the text "Movie not loaded" above that which is not activated (greyed out).

So far I have tried to re-emerge adobe-flash but I have no idea what to try next?

Any suggestions and ideas would be appreciated.

**Edit**
Don't know what fixed it, ran an emerge -eav world
and now it seems to work, wish I knew what the problem was though
:?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: