Postfix Problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GR1NCH
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Postfix Problems Reply with quote

Alright... I'm having problems with postfix. I cannot even get it to send e-mail to local addresses!

Postfix starts and stops with no errors, I can telnet to localhost port 25 and get a 220 [hostname] ESMTP Postfix.

So I try to send an e-mail: Mutt -x root
When I do so, no errors are reported, but I check the root mailbox and no messages appear!

when I look at the logs this is what is reported:

Quote:

Jul 28 21:27:37 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #1 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:27:47 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #2 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:27:57 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #3 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:28:07 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #4 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:28:17 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #5 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:28:27 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #6 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:28:37 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #7 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:28:47 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #8 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:28:57 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #9 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:29:07 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: warning: connect #10 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:29:17 yahiko postfix/pickup[10651]: fatal: connect #11 to subsystem public/cleanup: Connection refused
Jul 28 21:29:18 yahiko postfix/master[4946]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/pickup pid 10651 exit status 1
Jul 28 21:29:18 yahiko postfix/master[4946]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/pickup: bad command startup -- throttling

What's wrong??[/quote]
KTMLC4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Same Problem and a question Reply with quote

Hello,

yesterday I installed Postfix. I got no Socket Link /var/spool/postfix/public/cleanup. I managed to create the Socket Link manual and now I have the same error with connection refused in my syslog.

Did you get the Socket Link /var/spool/postfix/public/cleanup with emerging postfix?

Thanks
Felix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does postfix check say?
KTMLC4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a "postfix check". No message on the console or in syslog. Meanwhile I tried a "post-install create-missing". No effekt.

Has someone emerged postfix-1.1.11-r4.ebuild and got the Socket Links in /var/spool/postfix/public?
KTMLC4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

When I installed the master.cf file from the original source at postfix.org everthing works fine.
Xamot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: same here Reply with quote

After emerging the lastest ebuild for postfix, updating the master.cf, and restarting postfix, it stopped working. I got the same errors as above in my log file. Reverting to the previous version of the master.cf seems to work.
tonlwalk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Postfix Problem Reply with quote

This is my first post, so forgive me if I screw this up.

I had the same problem after emerging postfix a few days ago. I took a look at the master.cf file. If you look closely at the line which starts with "cleanup", you will probably see that the second or third column has a "-" while the lines above and below have "y" or "n". Make that column (marked private) say "n". Sorry to be vague, but I am running Gentoo at home and I am work where I run RedHat, so I am doing this from memory.

If you want to know more about the cleanup processes and what is going on here, take a look at the documentation at www.postfix.org. Specifically, take a look at the diagram of how all the processes interact. BTW, I am not a postfix expert, so my advice might be bad.
TheHaas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem solved Reply with quote

KTMLC4 wrote:
When I installed the master.cf file from the original source at postfix.org everthing works fine.

Yes, I had the same problem and that's what I did --basically.

Go into portagaes distfiles directory (probably /usr/portage/distfiles), copy the portage tarball to another directory, untar it, and copy it's conf/master.cf over /etc/postfix/master.cf, stop postfix, and than start it again (I never trust reload .. . ) and that should be it . . .
fifthcent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Go into portagaes distfiles directory (probably /usr/portage/distfiles), copy the portage tarball to another directory, untar it, and copy it's conf/master.cf over /etc/postfix/master.cf, stop postfix, and than start it again (I never trust reload .. . ) and that should be it . . .

I was boggled by the same problem, and this seems to have fixed it :D Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: