New to Gentoo and learning a LOT!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claudecat
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: New to Gentoo and learning a LOT! Reply with quote

Howdy to all,

I've spent the last few days installing (and re-installing :) ) Gentoo, first on my laptop - on which I have access to unlimited data - then on my desktop. While it was not error-free, and my reliance on wireless made it a bit harder at first, I have learned a ton about both systems and linux in general, and I'm loving the result of my efforts. As someone that has tried all the other major (and not so major) distros, I must say that Gentoo was always the mountain I feared climbing. I even did LFS before attempting it!

Now that I have a nice, speedy, fully up to date KDE system on both machines, all I can say is thanks to all those that wrote the documentation that helped me get to this point. I've even managed to break several things and fix 'em, thanks to my own stupidity, but found that Gentoo is insanely flexible along with its inherent complexity. Never has downgrading a package been easier! I doubt I'll be posting much, as I'm almost always able to find answers via google, forums or wikis, but again, thanks to the devs and forum members from whom I have learned.
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your install(s), though from my experience, LFS is harder/more complicated to get running then Gentoo.

Welcome to the forums, you don't need to post (questions), you're also welcome to help others, join some discussions or engage in flamewars (OTW only!). Enjoy your time here :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: