Layman and unresolved dependencies
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Layman and unresolved dependencies Reply with quote

I have several overlays including a personal one. It was some time ago, I added a personal live ebuild for mplayer into my personal overlay. It is a modified version of portage mplayer-9999.ebuild. Recently, I added support for libnemesi-git into mplayer ebuild and downloaded the libnemesi ebuild from http://gpo.zugaina.org/media-video/libnemesi-git.

When merging mplayer:
Code:
# emerge -a mplayer

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   *] media-video/mplayer-9999 USE="3dnow 3dnowext X a52 alsa ass bidi cddb cdio cdparanoia dga directfb dts dv dvb dvd dvdnav enca encode faad fbcon ftp gif gsm iconv ipv6 jack jpeg jpeg2k ladspa libmpeg2 lirc live lzo mad mmx mmxext mng mp3 mpg123 nas network nut openal opengl osdmenu oss png pnm pulseaudio pvr quicktime radio rar real rtc rtmp samba sdl shm speex sse sse2 ssse3 theora toolame tremor truetype twolame unicode v4l vdpau vorbis x264 xanim xscreensaver xv xvid xvmc -aalib (-altivec) (-aqua) -bindist -bl -bluray -bs2b -cpudetection -custom-cpuopts -debug -doc (-dxr3) -esd -faac -ggi -joystick -libcaca -md5sum -tga (-vidix) (-win32codecs) -xinerama -zoran (-v4l2%*)" VIDEO_CARDS="vesa -mga -s3virge -tdfx" 0 kB [1=>0]

Total: 1 package (1 downgrade), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [1] /usr/portage/local/layman/test

it look like portage is not able to find my ebuild anymore and want to install the version from portage.

After some investigation, I found that libnemesi-git need netembryo-git. After downloading and installing this last ebuild into my personal overlay, portage was able to install the version from my personal overlay.

During my investigation, I moved the portage ebuild and get the following message from portage:

Code:
# emerge -a mplayer

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "media-video/netembryo-git[sctp?]".
(dependency required by "media-video/libnemesi-git-0.1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "media-video/mplayer-9999[nemesi]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "mplayer" [argument])

I use /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf to fix the order in which 2 or more ebuilds with the same name must be taken in account. In any case, an ebuild from my test overlay will be installed instead of any other ebuild with the same ${P}. But in that case, it failed because of unresolved dependencies. Is it a way to tell portage to issue this message without to have to remove the conflicting ebuild?
dol-sen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portage, since 2.1.10 is capable of specifying the repo in configs and the commandline. There is a way to make use of IUSE/DEPENDS in the ebuilds to add a special use flag and then spec that use dep in the other ebuilds requiring that specific ebuild. I'm not that good with ebuilds, so asking in #gentoo-dev-help might be prudent.

something along the lines of:
Code:
echo "media-video/mplayer-9999[nemesi my-special-repo]::my-test-repo" >> /etc/portage/package.use

emerge =media-video/mplayer-9999::my-test-repo
of course you would need to edit your other ebuilds to add the extra use flag and use dep so that portage will seek out and find the correct matching ebuild regardless of the repo it is in.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: