[split] OTW systemd threads, Naib & Bones McCracker
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: [split] OTW systemd threads, Naib & Bones McCracker Reply with quote

Split from Report violations, duplicates, misplaced posts, etc. --pjp

User: Bones McCracker
Topic: systemd vulnerable, amateurish, defective in design
Reason: file. Not only in OTW but the g-c sysd major thread

[Moderator response: Please explain what you want done. I will grant that the post is confrontational, but it is in OTW and is not directed at any particular Gentoo forum user. -Hu]
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:

[Moderator response: Please explain what you want done. I will grant that the post is confrontational, but it is in OTW and is not directed at any particular Gentoo forum user. -Hu]

Actually, the post isn't confrontational at all. All it does is present a credible article from the trade journals in its original form without embellishment or distortion of any kind.

I think perhaps what Naib was thinking was that the thread is redundant with one elsewhere, but he either failed to communicate this or was just trying to stir up trouble again.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:

Two threads already exist on this topic
1) https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7970830.html#7970830 Part of the monolithic Politics of SysD thread
2) https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1052384.html an OTW thread on "crashing sysd with one tweet

Two existing threads covering this exact topic. Sure keep the constructive discussion and the vitriol filled discussion separate BUT there doesn't need to be two threads on the same thing, especially as they were created within a couple of days of each other & the 2nd should not have been made.

Last edited by Naib on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Naib wrote:

1) https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7970830.html#7970830 Part of the monolithic Politics of SysD thread
2) https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1052384.html an OTW thread on "crashing sysd with one tweet

Two existing threads covering this exact topic. Sure keep the constructive discussion and the vitriol filled discussion separate BUT there doesn't need to be two threads on the same thing, especially as they were created within a couple of days of each other & the 2nd should not have been made.

All you had to say was "dupe" and I'd have deleted it, or pjp would have merged them. No, you're just trying to make trouble, trying to spread flame war and troll the moderators. It won't work; they're onto you. Grow up.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
Naib wrote:

All you had to say was "dupe" and I'd have deleted it, or pjp would have merged them. No, you're just trying to make trouble, trying to spread flame war and troll the moderators. It won't work; they're onto you. Grow up.
For the record, I considered a consolidated systemd thread for one of the recent posts (prior to BK's). But at that time, I wasn't able to go through them to see if any were constructive. And I didn't want to ruin one in the unlikely chance that there was a constructive thread.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Naib should be made to wear a humiliating avatar or do some kind of gentoo forums community service for this.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: