Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
LTSP OVERLAY. Forwarding a USB drive, not the root user.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asm64
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: LTSP OVERLAY. Forwarding a USB drive, not the root user. Reply with quote

Hello dear!

In the process of setting up LTSP I faced with 2 problems. The first was associated with forwarding remote printers on the server, provided that the above CUPS 1.4. I decided to install CUPS on its thin-client and writing a script that copies the appropriate printer configuration depending on the IP address. The default printer for each thin Clint indicated in your home directory in the .lpoptions file. Everything works fine. And if suddenly you are interested in details of the solution of connecting printers without the module usblp, is willing to provide a detailed description.

But here's the second problem could not solve. When you connect a USB flash automatically mounted in /tmp/.root-ltspfs/[flashcardname] and see all the files. It also creates a directory /tmp/.[User]-ltspfs/[flashcardname], where the owner root: root and permissions 000.This directory is of course not be read.
In the directory /var/run/drives will create a folder [flashcardname]. The rights it okay, but there is actually a device is not mounted. That is, the folder is empty. But in the /var/run/ltspfs_fstab contains next record:

/dev/sda1 /var/run/drives/[flashcardname] vfat defaults,utf8 0 0

After reading the documentation for the fuse, I have concluded that the problem arises because of the lack group fuse in gentoo.What am I doing wrong? It's all such a problem or just me? How to decide? May try to create a fuse group and add users?

Please help to solve.
Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: