quake 3 configuration
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: quake 3 configuration Reply with quote

Hey all.

I want to run a dedicated quake3 server on my gentoo box and have quake3 installed and running with all PAK files etc. I've created a cfg file with maprotation and everything. I can even run the game client with no problem. My issue is that when I run the server I get the following:

opening ip socket: MY LAN IP (passed as a param to the q3ded binary when starting the server)
hostname: x61.local
IP: SOME OTHER IP <--- wtf?

I assume the IP and IP socket being different is the reason I do not see my server in the games list in the multiplayer browser (yes set to local). The process seems to be listening on the port I've passed as a parameter but even when specifying the server IP manually I cannot connect to my server. I do not understand why there are TWO different IPs.

Does anyone have ANY idea what the problem is? I'd greatly appreciate help on this.
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ran a Q3DS myself, but I'd guess it's just your global (aka internet) IP?!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: