View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tauflux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked for me today as well. Once I had updated them, with Portage resolving the "b" block, I could update the rest of the system..
TwinGears
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: thanks for the solution Reply with quote

emerge --update sys-apps/sysvinit sys-apps/util-linux

Thanks dude, that was just what I needed...
;)
krenshala
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Was trying to figure out why a stable system would double block. I guess the issue was with the other six packages that called util-linux causing the block. util-linux and sysvinit upgrded, and now upgrading the rest. ;)
lubo777
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lubo777 wrote:
thank you very much! :D

This saved me a lot of time after 1-2 days experiments how to fix this on a few different gentoo servers ....

today, almost one year after my first Thanks post I had the same problem upgrading few old gentoo servers ... :(

it cost me again some time ... bad bad bad :(
even I was thinking about switching from gentoo to some other distro ... such a portage problems upgrading old installations are .... :(

thanks again for this usefull post!
radio_flyer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is a plan by the Redhat / FC team to get you to switch to that distribution. As my 'stable' AMD64 system has a separate /usr, which is verboten by udev upstream, I need to run dracut in order to boot. Naturally, dracut is marked unstable. Worse, it blocks unless you also use the unstable versions of sysvinit and sys-utils. Sort of undermines the definition of 'stable' IMO.
F1r31c3r
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: ntfs3g-2012.1.15-r2 Reply with quote

I had this same problem.

It turns out that

Code:
sys-fs/ntfs3g-2012.1.15-r2

requires

Code:
sys-apps/util-linux-2.22.1

or higher version.

The problem is that

Code:
sysvinit-2.88-r4

Is the highest version available and requires All versions of the bellow to be higher or equal too:

Code:
<sys-apps/util-linux-2.22

The odd thing is that util-linux in portage states that it needs sysvinit-2.88-r4 and blocks all lower versions.
Its actual actions are that it blocks all lower versions including 2.88-r4.

When the ebuild RDEPEND is checked there all correct but they still wont play nice together.

Quote:
emerge -av sys-apps/util-linux

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild U ~] sys-apps/util-linux-2.22.1 [2.21.2] USE="cramfs crypt ncurses nls perl static-libs udev unicode -ddate -old-linux (-selinux) -slang (-uclibc%)" 3,120 kB
[blocks B ] <sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4 ("<sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4" is blocking sys-apps/util-linux-2.22.1)

Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), Size of downloads: 3,120 kB
Conflict: 1 block (1 unsatisfied)

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
* installed at the same time on the same system.

(sys-apps/util-linux-2.22.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
sys-apps/util-linux
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.19 required by (dev-libs/rasqal-0.9.29::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.42::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (x11-libs/libSM-1.2.1::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.13 required by (sys-power/pm-utils-1.4.1-r2::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.20 required by (sys-fs/udev-195::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16.0 required by (app-emulation/qemu-1.1.2-r2::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.97-r1::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (sys-fs/mdadm-3.1.4::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.17.2 required by (sys-fs/xfsprogs-3.1.8::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.22 required by (virtual/eject-0::gentoo, installed)
sys-apps/util-linux required by @system
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.20.1-r2 required by (sys-fs/udisks-1.0.4-r2::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (net-libs/gupnp-0.18.3::gentoo, installed)
sys-apps/util-linux required by (app-text/build-docbook-catalog-1.4::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (dev-libs/apr-1.4.5::gentoo, installed)

(sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r3::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
>=sys-apps/sysvinit-2.86-r6 required by (virtual/init-0::gentoo, installed)

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#blocked

And when run the other way round:

Quote:
emerge -av sys-apps/sysvinit

[ebuild U ~] sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4 [2.88-r3] USE="(-ibm) (-selinux) -static" 0 kB
[blocks B ] <sys-apps/util-linux-2.22 ("<sys-apps/util-linux-2.22" is blocking sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4)

Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Conflict: 1 block (1 unsatisfied)

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
* installed at the same time on the same system.

(sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
sys-apps/sysvinit
>=sys-apps/sysvinit-2.86-r6 required by (virtual/init-0::gentoo, installed)

(sys-apps/util-linux-2.21.2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.19 required by (dev-libs/rasqal-0.9.29::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16.0 required by (app-emulation/qemu-1.1.2-r2::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (x11-libs/libSM-1.2.1::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.13 required by (sys-power/pm-utils-1.4.1-r2::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.20 required by (sys-fs/udev-195::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (sys-fs/e2fsprogs-1.42::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.97-r1::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (sys-fs/mdadm-3.1.4::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.17.2 required by (sys-fs/xfsprogs-3.1.8::gentoo, installed)
sys-apps/util-linux required by @system
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.20.1-r2 required by (sys-fs/udisks-1.0.4-r2::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (net-libs/gupnp-0.18.3::gentoo, installed)
sys-apps/util-linux required by (app-text/build-docbook-catalog-1.4::gentoo, installed)
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.16 required by (dev-libs/apr-1.4.5::gentoo, installed)

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#blocked

As you can see everything is satisfied but they still block each other.

The one case i managed to do my update was to search for what was calling for
Quote:
>=sys-apps/util-linux-2.22.1

and that was
Code:
ntfs3g-2012.1.15-r2

So i masked the package in package.mask. Emerge then chose to stay with

Code:
sys-apps/util-linux-2.21.2

Hope this helps someone out when they hit this issue. Not sure if its a bug in the ebuilds. I cant find anything wrong with the code that indicates anything bluntly apparent why it would do this.

Baffled, anyone spot something i am missing let us know so i can investigate it further.

For now i will just mask ntfs3g-2012.1.15. Be nice to get to the bottom of this odd going on though.

Just to test us all or wind us up,
Code:
sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4
Actually installs with emerge update world even though
Code:
sys-apps/util-linux-2.21.2
Is actually installed on the system.

Quote:
emerge -avuND world

[ebuild U ~] sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4 [2.88-r3] USE="(-ibm) (-selinux) -static" 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] media-plugins/gst-plugins-vorbis-0.10.36:0.10 [0.10.35:0.10] 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa-0.10.36:0.10 [0.10.35:0.10] 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] media-plugins/gst-plugins-theora-0.10.36:0.10 [0.10.35:0.10] 0 kB
[ebuild R ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-a52dec-0.10.18:0.10 USE="(-orc%*)" 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] media-plugins/gst-plugins-jack-0.10.31:0.10 [0.10.30:0.10] 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] net-im/skype-4.1.0.20 [4.0.0.8-r1] USE="-pax_kernel (-selinux) (-qt-static%)" 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] net-print/cups-filters-1.0.25 [1.0.24] USE="jpeg perl png static-libs tiff" 0 kB
[ebuild NS ] dev-db/postgresql-base-9.2.1:9.2 [9.1.5:9.1] USE="ldap nls pam readline ssl threads zlib -doc -kerberos -pg_legacytimestamp" LINGUAS="-af -cs -de -en -es -fa -fr -hr -hu -it -ko -nb -pl -pt_BR -ro -ru -sk -sl -sv -tr -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB
[ebuild NS ] dev-db/postgresql-server-9.2.1:9.2 [9.1.5:9.1] USE="nls pam perl python tcl xml -doc -pg_legacytimestamp (-selinux) -uuid" LINGUAS="-af -cs -de -en -es -fa -fr -hr -hu -it -ko -nb -pl -pt_BR -ro -ru -sk -sl -sv -tr -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB
[ebuild U ] net-libs/libssh-0.5.3 [0.5.2] USE="sftp static-libs zlib -debug -doc -examples -gcrypt -pcap -server -ssh1 {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild U ] sys-apps/openrc-0.11.6 [0.11.5] USE="ncurses pam static-libs unicode -debug -newnet (-prefix) (-selinux)" 0 kB
[ebuild R ] kde-base/kdeutils-meta-4.9.3:4 USE="cups (-aqua) -floppy -lirc%" 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] sys-fs/udev-196-r1 [195] USE="acl gudev hwdb introspection openrc static-libs -doc -keymap (-selinux)" 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] virtual/udev-196 [180] USE="acl gudev hwdb introspection static-libs -keymap (-selinux)" 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] sys-apps/util-linux-2.22.1 [2.21.2] USE="cramfs crypt ncurses nls perl static-libs udev unicode -ddate -old-linux (-selinux) -slang (-uclibc%)" 3,120 kB
[blocks b ] <sys-apps/util-linux-2.22 ("<sys-apps/util-linux-2.22" is blocking sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4)
[ebuild U ] www-client/chromium-23.0.1271.95 [23.0.1271.91] USE="cups custom-cflags -bindist -gnome -gnome-keyring -kerberos (-pulseaudio) (-selinux) (-tcmalloc) {-test}" LINGUAS="en_GB -am -ar -bg -bn -ca -cs -da -de -el -es -es_LA -et -fa -fi -fil -fr -gu -he -hi -hr -hu -id -it -ja -kn -ko -lt -lv -ml -mr -ms -nb -nl -pl -pt_BR -pt_PT -ro -ru -sk -sl -sr -sv -sw -ta -te -th -tr -uk -vi -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] net-print/hplip-3.12.11 [3.12.10a-r1] USE="X fax hpcups hpijs kde libnotify qt4 scanner snmp -doc -libusb0 -minimal -parport -policykit -static-ppds" 0 kB
[ebuild U ~] net-wireless/bluez-4.101-r4 [4.101-r3] USE="alsa consolekit cups gstreamer readline -debug -pcmcia (-selinux) -test-programs -usb" 0 kB

Total: 19 packages (15 upgrades, 2 in new slots, 2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 3,120 kB
Conflict: 1 block

As we can see at the bottom of the verbose output its says Conflict 1 Block but does not display it and caries on to install the package

Code:
sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r4

After running this update i then run a manual update for

Code:
emerge -avu sys-apps/util-linux-2.22.1

Then unmasked

Code:
sys-fs/ntfs3g-2012.1.15-r2

then run

Code:
emerge -avuND world

and all compiled and updated perfectly without any more conflicts or blocks.

What an odd behaviour from portage/emerge this is.
If we know the truth, then we should be free from deception (John 8:42-47 )
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: