Haskell package "eddie"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frozenQueue
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Haskell package "eddie" Reply with quote

I running bleeding edge GHC, and when I try to install the pacakge "eddie" through cabal I get the following error:

Code:
cabal install eddie
Resolving dependencies...
cabal: dependencies conflict: ghc-7.2.0.20110728 requires unix ==2.5.0.0
however
unix-2.5.0.0 was excluded because hint-0.3.3.2 requires unix >=2.2.0.0 && <2.5

I want to send an e-mail off to a package dev or something like that, but I am a little confused, as the dependency "unix" is not listed in the "hint" packages dependencies when I look at it on hackage. From hint-0.3.3.2 API:

Code:
Dependencies   base (3.*), directory, extensible-exceptions, filepath, ghc (>6.6), ghc-paths, haskell-src, MonadCatchIO-mtl (≥0.2), mtl, random, utf8-string or
base (4.*), directory, extensible-exceptions, filepath, ghc (>6.6), ghc-mtl (≥1.0.1.0 & <1.1.0.0), ghc-paths, haskell-src, MonadCatchIO-mtl (≥0.2), mtl, random, utf8-string or
extensible-exceptions, filepath, ghc (>6.6), ghc-paths, haskell-src, MonadCatchIO-mtl (≥0.2), mtl, utf8-string (<0.3)

So anyway, is there anything important I should understand before I go asking package maintainers to update their dependencies?
myceliv
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guessing, but it looks like perhaps hint was installed before you upgraded ghc and hasn't been rebuilt yet. Try running haskell-updater first before installing eddie. haskell-updater should always be run after upgrading ghc or any other "core" haskell packages.

unix is part of base is part of ghc, so once you have hint built against your current ghc's base you should be good. Another thing to watch out for is having the same package installed in the user and in the global database, i.e. same pkg cabal-installed and installed through portage. While doing this is fine as long as you know what you're doing, it can make for unexpected errors depending on the $PATH variable in the environment you happen to be in at the time; it can also lead to packages being built against a dependency version you didn't expect.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: