Upgrading to phpBB3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubala95
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Upgrading to phpBB3 Reply with quote

I noticed that Gentoo Forums work on very old version of script. phpBB2's support was totally ended three years ago and it's based on outdated technologies. So I suggest upgrade forum system to phpBB3 (it's official supported and simple).
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed already, just search the forums. Long story short, nobody has time, the devs have made a few dozen fixes/addons/... which need to be ported, other things are more important and - for now - the current system works.

Searching sucks bigtime, but then again, I don't know any forum where that's not the case and thankfully, Google is a very frequent visitor and has a very good index.

Edit, dunno how much work that would be to incorporate the userbase, but having OTW as a testing ground for new forumssoftware shouldn't hurt much.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: