Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How can I deal with there errors that no ebuild to satisfy?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
clouds222
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Shanghai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: How can I deal with there errors that no ebuild to satisfy? Reply with quote

Code:
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-python/pygobject-2.28.0:2[introspection]".
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/gnome-tweak-tool-3.0.5" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.0.0" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-3.0.0[extras]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4941

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: How can I deal with there errors that no ebuild to satis Reply with quote

clouds222 wrote:
Code:
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=dev-python/pygobject-2.28.0:2[introspection]".
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/gnome-tweak-tool-3.0.5" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.0.0" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-3.0.0[extras]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])


easy, compile the package in question with the requested flag :)
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clouds222
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Shanghai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I already added the use flag "introspection" to the make.conf.

this package is from an overlay, is there a config file instead of make.conf I should add the flag?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4941

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clouds222 wrote:
But I already added the use flag "introspection" to the make.conf.

this package is from an overlay, is there a config file instead of make.conf I should add the flag?


you've got a newer versions of dev-python/pygobject in portage, use it.

in general, you can force portage to compile that package with that flag by adding
Code:
dev-python/pygobject introspection
to /etc/portage/package.use
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clouds222
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Shanghai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
clouds222 wrote:
But I already added the use flag "introspection" to the make.conf.

this package is from an overlay, is there a config file instead of make.conf I should add the flag?


you've got a newer versions of dev-python/pygobject in portage, use it.

in general, you can force portage to compile that package with that flag by adding
Code:
dev-python/pygobject introspection
to /etc/portage/package.use


Yes, I have added in the package.use but not help.

I found there is no ebuild pygobject-2.28.0 in /usr/portage. but just pygobject-2.28.4 and pygobject-2.28.6.ebuild. will it impact?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaggyStyle
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 4941

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clouds222 wrote:
DaggyStyle wrote:
clouds222 wrote:
But I already added the use flag "introspection" to the make.conf.

this package is from an overlay, is there a config file instead of make.conf I should add the flag?


you've got a newer versions of dev-python/pygobject in portage, use it.

in general, you can force portage to compile that package with that flag by adding
Code:
dev-python/pygobject introspection
to /etc/portage/package.use


Yes, I have added in the package.use but not help.

I found there is no ebuild pygobject-2.28.0 in /usr/portage. but just pygobject-2.28.4 and pygobject-2.28.6.ebuild. will it impact?


note what I've said (bold in the quote).

for me, it is more logical that pygobject-2.28.6 will work better in that case as you are trying to install gnome 3.
rule of thumb, if portage's version is newer or equal to the overlay pacakge, use it.
_________________
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
ProjectFootball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clouds222
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Shanghai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I've already installed =dev-python/pygobject-2.28.6 with introspection. But I still can't resolve the dependence. Even I changed the dependence to 2.28.6 in ebuild, it still reported no ebuild to satisfy >=dev-python/pygobject-2.28.6:2[introspection]. It seems strange, I think it not just related to the package version as I've created 2.28.0.ebuild and 2.28.2.ebuild and also downloaded the codes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arkhelion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 131
Location: France

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't check lately but use flag introspection might still be profile-masked.

If so, you should unmask the introspection use flag :
Code:
# echo "-introspection" >> /etc/portage/profile/use.mask

_________________
Arkhelion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clouds222
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Shanghai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkhelion wrote:
Didn't check lately but use flag introspection might still be profile-masked.

If so, you should unmask the introspection use flag :
Code:
# echo "-introspection" >> /etc/portage/profile/use.mask


That did solve the problem.

Thank you all for your help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum