[SOLVED] VLC: subtitles positioning and size
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamillys
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] VLC: subtitles positioning and size Reply with quote

Hi.
I have problem with MKV files, VLC is ignoring position of subtitles, placing all of them in center of screen(horizontally and vertically), instead of bottom/top/other position. Also, VLC after any setting change, changes subtitles size to very small, about 3 px height. Also, in terminal I get a lots of error:
Code:
[0x7f4ae808c260] main subpicture error: subpicture heap full

Problem is weird and irritating, and (dunno why) VLC in Ubuntu worked without this problem. I tried to search for similar problems, but no hints. Tested on video file where subtitles are OK, so there is no option that subtitles are bad. Other players... well, VLC have the best performance, but subtitles are only issue.[/code]

VLC use's flags:
Code:
media-video/vlc-1.1.9  USE="X a52 aac alsa bidi cdda cddb dbus dts dvd ffmpeg flac gcrypt gnome gnutls httpd libnotify live matroska mmx mp3 mpeg ncurses ogg opengl png sdl skins sse stream svg theora truetype udev v4l vlm vorbis x264 xcb xml xv"

FFMPEG:
Code:
media-video/ffmpeg-0.6_p25767  USE="3dnow 3dnowext X alsa bzip2 encode hardcoded-tables mmx mmxext mp3 sdl ssse3 threads v4l vorbis x264 xvid zlib"

also, libmatroska-1.0, no use flags available.

==EDIT==
It seems that file was corrupted, other movies runs okay.
Aysen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: [SOLVED] VLC: subtitles positioning and size Reply with quote

kamillys wrote:
Also, VLC after any setting change, changes subtitles size to very small, about 3 px height.

I am also stuck with this problem. Have you found any solution for it? At the moment the only way I can bring back a reasonable subtitles size is by deleting the config file...
ndan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Aysen

The font size is set to 0 after you alter your settings. Use the advanced settings and go to Video -> Subtitles/OSD -> Text renderer.
Put the full path to your font and set your font size.

(had same problem in vlc 2.0.7 - I did noticed the date)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: