Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
E17 has landed! Was: E17 is coming? (Part 7)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy204
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - I was *assuming* those packages were related to e16. My mistake.

I will remove e17 and proceed from there. Thanks very much for the kick in the butt.
Aonoa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about the Enlightenment ebuilds in portage which seem to be a bit outdated? Is there a reason?

There is no E18 and Terminology is on 0.4 instead of 0.5.

There is no emotion-generic-players-1.9.0 ebuild at all, unless it is supposed to be media-libs/emotion-1.7.9 and EFL is at 1.9.0 instead of 1.9.1.

I used an ebuild for Enlightenment 0.18.5 from an overlay and it worked perfectly as an upgrade from 0.17.6 in the official gentoo repo. Seems to me that there should be no problems updating the Enlightenment ebuilds in the official tree?
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aonoa wrote:
I'm curious about the Enlightenment ebuilds in portage which seem to be a bit outdated? Is there a reason?

There is no E18 and Terminology is on 0.4 instead of 0.5.

There is no emotion-generic-players-1.9.0 ebuild at all, unless it is supposed to be media-libs/emotion-1.7.9 and EFL is at 1.9.0 instead of 1.9.1.

I used an ebuild for Enlightenment 0.18.5 from an overlay and it worked perfectly as an upgrade from 0.17.6 in the official gentoo repo. Seems to me that there should be no problems updating the Enlightenment ebuilds in the official tree?

Now I am also curious, which overlay is it?

About shelves and shortcut... I have been using this shortcut to hide/show a shelf, but I am wondering if there is any trick (perhaps with enlightenment_remote?) to use the same shortcut to hide/show two shelves? Also, the shortcut shows the shelf for as long as you hold it, is there any trick to get it to "toggle" the state instead?
ruta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with e17 that I've had since e17 was put on portage. I used to use layman before that, but switched to portage's when it became available. Sorry if this problem has come up, but it's kind of hard to explain, so I also find it hard to search for a way to solve it.

Anyway, it's basically a problem where my minimised windows reappear when I don't want them to. It happens when I minimise or close a window around the area where I minimised another window. So, say I minimise a window on Desktop 1 that's full screen. Then I open another window on Desktop 1, and then close it. When it closes, the first window will just reappear. If I open a window on Desktop 2 and then close it, the first window will remain minimised. I wonder if this is some sort of strange preference or something? Anyway, it is driving me crazy and I can't stand waiting for it to go away anymore. I've gotten in the habit of just moving all the things I want to minimise to another virtual desktop. Does anyone have any idea what this is?
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ruta: Can not reproduce this behavior with e-0.17.6.
ruta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've never heard anyone else talk about the problem. I don't know how I managed to get this kind of bug, but I've had the problem long before e-0.17.6, and before the efl merge. It happened as soon as e17 "landed" and was moved to portage. There must be some remnant of some old e17 build hanging around in my system from when I went from the layman overlay to portage. I just don't know how or where to find it. Of course, when I moved to e17 from portage from layman, I unmerged everything to do with e17 first, but I assume something must be hanging around causing this problem. I just don't know what I should even begin looking for.

As an aside, I don't know if it's related, but at some point, some of the graphical effects from the composite module also broke. Specifically, windows in applications that should be transparent are no longer transparent. It seems unlikely that these two things are related, though. The first problem begun well before the second one. I usually don't enable composite, so I don't really care, but it's tiring to always tip-toe around all the ways my enlightenment is broken.

Edit: I hate to say it, but I was playing around with focus, and this only happens when focus is Pointer. I switched to Sloppy and the problem went away. I had issues with sloppy in the past, but maybe it's better now. I have to wonder if this is desired behaviour, though?
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruta wrote:
Edit: I hate to say it, but I was playing around with focus, and this only happens when focus is Pointer. I switched to Sloppy and the problem went away. I had issues with sloppy in the past, but maybe it's better now. I have to wonder if this is desired behaviour, though?
There are two possibilities:
1. You might have some old library lying around.
2. Your configuration might be broken in some way.

I don't have problems with composite or focus with e17. Now, e19 is a different beast.
Aonoa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
Now I am also curious, which overlay is it?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy and am now using e19 from git instead, but it was this overlay:

http://gpo.zugaina.org/Overlays/sera/x11-wm/enlightenment
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: