omegaconf conflicts with dev-python/pydevd
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinbiosis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject: omegaconf conflicts with dev-python/pydevd Reply with quote

I'm trying to create an ebuild for omegaconf. I've searched both the zugaina database and the portage file list database to see if someone else has handled this package before and I could not find any results (if someone knows this package is under a different name or is covered by another package, please let me know).

Currently my ebuild is as follows:
Code:
# Copyright 2022-2023 Gentoo Authors
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2

EAPI=8

DISTUTILS_USE_PEP517=setuptools
PYTHON_COMPAT=( python3_{10..12} )

inherit distutils-r1

DESCRIPTION="Flexible Python configuration system. The last one you will ever need."
HOMEPAGE="
   https://github.com/omry/omegaconf
   https://pypi.org/project/omegaconf
"
SRC_URI="
   https://github.com/omry/${PN}/archive/v${PV}.tar.gz
      -> ${P}.gh.tar.gz
"

LICENSE="BSD"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64"
IUSE=""

RDEPEND="
   >=dev-python/pyyaml-5.1.0[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
   dev-python/antlr4-python3-runtime[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
"

BDEPEND="
   virtual/jre
   test? (
      ${RDEPEND}
   )
"

distutils_enable_tests pytest

When trying to install, I get a partial conflict between the files that omegaconf wants to install and the files installed by dev-python/pydevd, as follows:
Code:
* Detected file collision(s):
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__init__.py
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__init__.py
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-2.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-2.pyc
 * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
 * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
 * dev-python/pydevd-2.9.5:0::gentoo
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__init__.py
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-2.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__init__.py
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-2.pyc
 *      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.pyc
 * Package 'dev-python/omegaconf-2.3.0' NOT merged due to file
 * collisions. If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole
 * content of the above message.

I know I can set the following to handle the collision:
Code:
RDEPEND="
       >=dev-python/pyyaml-5.1.0[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
       dev-python/antlr4-python3-runtime[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
       !dev-python/pydevd[${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
"

but I'd like a way to get both these packages to coexist together. Trouble is that omegaconf wants to install omegaconf specific files into the pydevd_plugins folder:
Code:
user@Host /var/tmp/portage/dev-python # ls -R omegaconf-2.3.0/image/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/                 
omegaconf-2.3.0/image/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/:
extensions  __init__.py  __pycache__

omegaconf-2.3.0/image/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions:
pydevd_plugin_omegaconf.py  __init__.py  __pycache__

omegaconf-2.3.0/image/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/extensions/__pycache__:
pydevd_plugin_omegaconf.cpython-311.pyc        pydevd_plugin_omegaconf.cpython-311.opt-2.pyc  __init__.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc
pydevd_plugin_omegaconf.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc  __init__.cpython-311.pyc                       __init__.cpython-311.opt-2.pyc

omegaconf-2.3.0/image/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pydevd_plugins/__pycache__:
__init__.cpython-311.pyc  __init__.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc  __init__.cpython-311.opt-2.pyc

So I doubt I can just remove the pydevd_plugin from the omegaconf image directory without causing issues with omegaconf itself (though I know nothing about what these files in pydevd_plugins are suppose to do, so maybe it's okay to remove them???)

Any ideas on how to handle the collisions?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: