tuxonice over file and reiserfs kernel panic
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxtor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: tuxonice over file and reiserfs kernel panic Reply with quote

Hi people, I have a system installed over a LVM+cryptoLuks schema with the following partitions

/boot ext2
/ ext4
/home ext4
/usr/portage reiserfs(reiser3)

Since kernel 3.6 I'm getting kernel panics when I try to hibernate to a swapfile of 17 GB (I have 16GB as physical memory) in /. In addition to that I'm able to hibernate with kernel linux-3.4.11-tuxonice and below.

However AFAK kernel panics haven't logs so I took two pictures for the problem. From the "logs" I guessed that I had issues with my reiserfs partition so I've checked it with fsck.reiserfs but the tool didn't reported any problems. I can reproduce this problem with vanilla kernel patched by myself, tuxonice-sources, and pf-sources.

In addition to that I tried to wipe the entire partition and install portage again, but I got the same result. Here are the pictures of the kernel panic:

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/3476/dj7j.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img833/4686/ebm9.jpg

A workarround that I've found is that if I unmount portage partition as a previous step to the hibernation process I can hibernate successfully. Sadly, I'm able to do this automatically just with hibernate-script, and as a Gnome user I'm accustomed to pm-utils (because of its integration with Gnome),

So my questions are:

1) Is there any location where I can get a log from the kernel panics?
2) Had anyone experienced this situation?
3) There is some workarround to unmount partitions with pm-utils?
4) Anyone knows how to fix this :P?

Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: