Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] Ganeti 2.7.0 beta ebuild (help needed)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Ganeti 2.7.0 beta ebuild (help needed) Reply with quote

Hello all,

I wanted to test out ganeti 2.7.0 beta because of the "passing arbitrary command line values" to kvm feature. I've modified the 2.6.2 ebuild and placed it in a local overlay, but I'm having an issue I can't resolve. It regards the ganeti-confd daemon, and I was wondering whether anyone could provide any hints as to what might be the problem here. Here's the ebuild, be warned that it's broken, ugly and I probably have put the new dependencies in the wrong places:

http://pastebin.com/mHVy3CYQ

Here's what I get when running /etc/init.d/ganeti start:

Quote:
* Starting ganeti-noded ... [ ok ]
* Starting ganeti-masterd ... [ ok ]
* Starting ganeti-rapi ... [ ok ]
* Starting ganeti-confd ...
Error when starting the daemon process: sendTo: protocol error (Protocol wrong type for socket)
* start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/sbin/ganeti-confd'
* exit code 1 [ !! ]
* ERROR: ganeti failed to start

Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by GD on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
GD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turns out it has hslogger related...

Solved with https://github.com/gentoo-haskell/gentoo-haskell/commit/3bc4db5a5bbac6cbd1d1c0b1a6e76ef9a807b775

Special thanks to Sergei "slyfox" Trofimovich and Iustin Pop

P.S. The ebuild worked fine on my machine, so I guess it might work on others with similar configurations. Some dependencies might be in the wrong places however, so you might have to turn on the following USE flags: haskell-daemons and htools (just to make sure their dependencied are installed, which might be needed even if you don't require this functionality). I also believe the python scripts have been replaced with haskell ones in ver 2.7.0, so maybe the haskell-daemons USE flag is not relevant anymore (not sure about it though). I additionally had to create a symlink for /usr/bin/kvm: ln -s /usr/bin/qemu-kvm /usr/bin/kvm. I'm not sure if it's qemu or ganeti that should provide this...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: