status of sparc/~sparc games/emulation ebuilds
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenTimJS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: status of sparc/~sparc games/emulation ebuilds Reply with quote

Ive noticed that the list of unmasked games for ~sparc is terribly low ... even disapointing, considering that many of the games in portage have solaris ports.

Some are just silly, like quake2-relnev unmasked but quake2-data (which it depends on) still masked.

Also, Ive noticed that basically zero emulators are unmasked. In a few cases like zsnes, IIRC, they use x86 assembly, but emulators like tuxnes and snes9x again have native sparc solaris ports, so we really -should- be able to make them work.

who else wants to organise some form of emulator/game ebuild-testing?
I'm brute-force building frozen-bubble, gngb, and one of the doom ports as I post this, hopefully with some success to report.

I'm asking this out of ignorance, not spite, but other than few testers, "whats the holdup" geting more games/emus into ~sparc ?
Weeve
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically the holdup is as you said, no one's tested it. Chances are a good number of the games will work just fine.

If you happen to go through and find a good number of games working but not keyworded, please create a bug at https://bugs.gentoo.org for the sparc team and put all the games you've found working into it.

This is also the best way to get us to keyword what you want. Otherwise, when things are slow we just scour the tree for what we use/like/need and adjust keywords accordingly.

GenTimJS
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: bug reports Reply with quote

stupid noobish question, but not having filed a bug report before ....

should I just say, "hey! i tested package X on sparc and it builds, but wasnt in sparc or ~sparc" ?
Weeve
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's pretty much it. Just say "Hi, i've tested package foo, it either worked and please mark it ~sparc or it didn't work and here's what happened when it didn't work".
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: