PHP Overlay and OAuth PECL module
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onembk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: PHP Overlay and OAuth PECL module Reply with quote

I need to install the PHP OAuth module for a development project I'm working on and I'm not clear on the best way to do that. From what I've found it looks like I'll need to install the PHP overlay (I didn't even know overlays existed before today) and then I believe I need to install the pecl-oauth overlay separately ( http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/php.git;a=commitdiff;h=af32cf950c075e126202f3a7daf307f6979ff368 ) but I'm not sure.

Could someone point me to a tutorial or provide instructions on how to do this? The instructions I've been able to find online haven't been very thorough. I have installed the layman script but I didn't go any further with it because I figured I should ask before I mess something up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
lxg
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the general guide for overlays: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/userguide.xml

If you don't find the desired package in one overlay, you need to install another one, obviously. ;)
onembk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I've already looked at that page, it's really not very thorough and doesn't explain very well what to expect. For example, in order to get OAuth working, do I need to run 'layman --add php' and then somehow install the php-oauth overlay from the git repository to get the oauth module or is that already part of the php overlay project?

I am going to follow the instructions on http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/php/wiki/InstallOverlay and see if that gets me where I need to go, if I still don't have OAuth functionality I will post here. Thanks again!
onembk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I installed the overlay I did:

echo "dev-php5/pecl-oauth **" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
emerge -aDup dev-php5/pecl-oauth

That did the trick.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: