Random network hiccups
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyersVandalay
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Random network hiccups Reply with quote

Hey everyone

I've been hurting my brain over an issue that I've been having, done alot of searching but can't really find anything that might explain the issue. First off let me inform you that I am using the 64 bit kernel, and my network itself is a bit weird.

Basically my computer to the router is a wired connection, my router works as a wireless bridge to another router fairly far away with a slightly weak but mostly consistent signal.

Roughly once or twice an hour I get a network drop in gentoo that lasts 20-30 seconds, normally this wouldn't be extremely critical except that I do alot of large downloads from hotfile (that the connection dropping that long is enough to fail the download), and a good amount of online gaming where a 30 second hiccup is rather bad for. I've already tried a different NIC, switched to a static IP and DNS server. I know the connection itself is stable enough considering that I don't have the issues in windows 7, which is my main method of working around the problem, but I would love to be able to just stay in gentoo and not boot into windows every time I want to download or run a game.

Anyone have any ideas of where I should begin searching or what logs I need to look at/post.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: