xbmc fails to find samba client library
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saberspark77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: xbmc fails to find samba client library Reply with quote

Hi all.

I updated my box last Thursday and experienced a forced reboot this weekend in the form of tripping a breaker. Things were gracefully shut down thanks to a UPS, but when I tried to start xbmc tonight, it died with the following message:

Code:

/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin: undefined symbol: smbc_init

So I poked around a bit, tried to remerge xbmc, but to no avail. It failed on some required samba client libraries.

Code:

i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -O2 -march=prescott -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-builtin -O2 -march=prescott -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-builtin -DNDEBUG=1 -o xbmc.bin -Wl,--whole-archive xbmc/lib/libcmyth/libcmyth.a xbmc/linux/linux.a xbmc/utils/utils.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/util/exports_utils.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive xbmc/xbmc.a xbmc/cores/playercorefactory/playercorefactory.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a xbmc/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoRenderer.a xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/VideoShaders.a guilib/guilib.a guilib/common/gui_common.a guilib/tinyXML/tinyxml.a xbmc/cdrip/cdrip.a xbmc/cores/cores.a xbmc/lib/libPython/python.a xbmc/cores/DllLoader/dllloader.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/DVDCodecs.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/Audio.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/Overlay.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/Video.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDSubtitles/DVDSubtitles.a xbmc/cores/AudioRenderers/audiorenderers.a xbmc/cores/ExternalPlayer/ExternalPlayer.a xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a xbmc/FileSystem/MusicDatabaseDirectory/musicdatabasedirectory.a xbmc/FileSystem/VideoDatabaseDirectory/videodatabasedirectory.a xbmc/karaoke/karaoke.a xbmc/lib/libhts/libhts.a xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.a xbmc/lib/libRTMP/librtmp.a xbmc/lib/libscrobbler/scrobbler.a xbmc/lib/libRTV/librtv-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libshout/libshout-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libUPnP/libupnp-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXBMS/libxbms-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libXDAAP/libxdaap-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/libGoAhead/libGoAhead-i486-linux.a xbmc/lib/sqLite/sqllite.a xbmc/lib/libsquish/libsquish-i486-linux.a xbmc/screensavers/screensaver.a xbmc/settings/settings.a xbmc/visualizations/visualization.a xbmc/lib/UnrarXLib/UnrarXLib.a -lpython2.4 -lwavpack -lass -lmpeg2convert -lmpeg2 -ldts -la52 -lavcodec -lswscale -lpostproc -lavutil -lavformat -lavcodec -lfaac -lSDL_image -lrt -ltiff -ljasper -lresolv -ldl -lSDL_mixer -lsmbclient -lfaad -lcrypto -lssl -lz -llzo2 -lpthread -ljpeg -lmysqlclient -lbz2 -lGLU -lGLEW -lGL  -lmad -lm   -lfontconfig   -lfribidi   -lsqlite3   -lpng12   -L/lib -lpcre   -lcdio -lm   -lsamplerate   -lmms -lm -lglib-2.0   -lfreetype   -logg   -lvorbis -lm -logg   -lasound   -lenca -lm   -lXt -lX11 -lSM -lICE   -lXtst   -lXmu -lXt -lX11 -lSM -lICE   -lXinerama   -lcurl   -ldbus-1 -lpthread -lrt   -lhal-storage -lhal -ldbus-1 -lpthread -lrt   -lSDL -lpthread   -lhal -ldbus-1 -lpthread -lrt   -Wl,-O1 -rdynamic
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Close()':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xbe): undefined reference to `smbc_close'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Stat(stat64*)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x14a): undefined reference to `smbc_fstat'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Seek(long long, int)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x3c7): undefined reference to `smbc_lseek'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Read(void*, long long)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x4ce): undefined reference to `smbc_read'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x59d): undefined reference to `smbc_read'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `CSMB::Deinit()':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x5eb): undefined reference to `smbc_set_context'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x5fe): undefined reference to `smbc_free_context'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `CSMB::Init()':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x991): undefined reference to `smbc_new_context'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x9bb): undefined reference to `smbc_setDebug'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x9d5): undefined reference to `smbc_setFunctionAuthData'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x9e7): undefined reference to `smbc_getFunctionGetCachedServer'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xa06): undefined reference to `smbc_setFunctionGetCachedServer'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xa20): undefined reference to `smbc_setOptionOneSharePerServer'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xa3a): undefined reference to `smbc_setOptionBrowseMaxLmbCount'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xa61): undefined reference to `smbc_setTimeout'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xa73): undefined reference to `smbc_init_context'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xa89): undefined reference to `smbc_set_context'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xaa8): undefined reference to `smbc_free_context'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Write(void const*, long long)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xb82): undefined reference to `smbc_write'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::GetPosition()':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xc0b): undefined reference to `smbc_lseek'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `CSMB::CSMB()':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0xf0b): undefined reference to `smbc_init'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `CSMB::CSMB()':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x1037): undefined reference to `smbc_init'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::OpenForWrite(CURL const&, bool)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x238b): undefined reference to `smbc_creat'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x2400): undefined reference to `smbc_open'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Rename(CURL const&, CURL const&)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x250e): undefined reference to `smbc_rename'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Delete(CURL const&)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x26b5): undefined reference to `smbc_unlink'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Stat(CURL const&, stat64*)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x2819): undefined reference to `smbc_stat'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Exists(CURL const&)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x29c2): undefined reference to `smbc_stat'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::OpenFile(CURL const&, CStdStr<char>&)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x2b38): undefined reference to `smbc_open'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x2c30): undefined reference to `smbc_closedir'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x2cc3): undefined reference to `smbc_open'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileSmb.o): In function `XFILE::CFileSMB::Open(CURL const&)':
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x31b8): undefined reference to `smbc_stat'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x31f1): undefined reference to `smbc_lseek'
FileSmb.cpp:(.text+0x329f): undefined reference to `smbc_close'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(SMBDirectory.o): In function `DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::OpenDir(CURL const&, CStdStr<char>&)':
SMBDirectory.cpp:(.text+0x290): undefined reference to `smbc_opendir'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(SMBDirectory.o): In function `DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::Create(char const*)':
SMBDirectory.cpp:(.text+0x1b50): undefined reference to `smbc_mkdir'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(SMBDirectory.o): In function `DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::Exists(char const*)':
SMBDirectory.cpp:(.text+0x1d0d): undefined reference to `smbc_stat'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(SMBDirectory.o): In function `DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::Remove(char const*)':
SMBDirectory.cpp:(.text+0x2038): undefined reference to `smbc_rmdir'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(SMBDirectory.o): In function `DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::GetDirectory(CStdStr<char> const&, CFileItemList&)':
SMBDirectory.cpp:(.text+0x2440): undefined reference to `smbc_readdir'
SMBDirectory.cpp:(.text+0x24db): undefined reference to `smbc_closedir'
SMBDirectory.cpp:(.text+0x2ed9): undefined reference to `smbc_stat'
SMBDirectory.cpp:(.text+0x2f0b): undefined reference to `smbc_getxattr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1
 * ERROR: media-tv/xbmc-9.11-r4 failed:
 *   emake failed
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   54:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 4846:  Called _eapi2_src_compile
 *     ebuild.sh, line  646:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *         emake || die "emake failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =media-tv/xbmc-9.11-r4',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =media-tv/xbmc-9.11-r4'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/xbmc-9.11-r4/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/xbmc-9.11-r4/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/xbmc-9.11-r4/work/xbmc-9.11'

>>> Failed to emerge media-tv/xbmc-9.11-r4, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/xbmc-9.11-r4/temp/build.log'

So I made sure that I had CIFS enabled in the kernel (and I do), remerged net-fs/samba-3.4.6, and ran revdep-rebuild (it found no broken packages), then attempted again to remerge xbmc. No deal.

I see that both xbmc and samba have recently been updated, to 9.11-r4 and 3.4.6, respectively. While I poke around with trying versions some more, I thought I'd put this out to see if anyone else encountered a similar problem. It's been a while since I've posted anything here, so if there's any other info that would be helpful, please feel free to remind me ^^.

EDIT: I should mention that prior to tonight's update, I was running xbmc-9.11-r3, and prior to last Thursday's update, I was running net-fs/samba-3.0.37.
saberspark77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Follow-up Reply with quote

Backing down to net-fs/samba-3.0.37 solved the problem. Apparently there's some incompatibility between the later version and the current ~x86 version of xbmc. I'll post a note in bugzilla.
saberspark77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Bugzilla Link Reply with quote

For those keeping track...

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=321469
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: