video editing: sound sync lost
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: video editing: sound sync lost Reply with quote

I want to do some very basic editing on recorded video. Nothing more than opening a .mpg cutting away parts and then save as an .mpg. So far I tried the following apps but always ran into trouble:
- avidemux(2): does all I need but after cutting out what I want the sound isn't in sync anymore. And the out-of-sync amount isn't constant (but up to several seconds) depending on where in the file, which file (some files are acceptable, others not) but always the same files are ok or not. And it doesn't depend on which format I save to. Also the original file is ok when I play it in Xine but already messed up when I just load it in avidemux. Other than this I like it. It is simple and reasonably fast. Only problem is that I have to set jack at 48kHz to get sound while replay. Tried several sample rate settings but this doesn't make a difference for the sync issue, only I have sound or not.
- lives: never got it to load a file. Or it crashes directly, or it takes 2.5 hours to load a 40 minute .mpg.
- kino: looks fine but it doesn't want my .mpg's that all the other apps have no problem with.
- kdenlive: hosed kde completely to a blak screen after emerging on a fresh gentoo install. Don't feel inclined to try again

I didn't try cinelerra because for what I need it looks over the top. But if it is the only one that can do this "right" I might give it a go.

Am I doing something stupid (probable)? Any other better suited app?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: