Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Gentoo on a ARM926EJ-S (Linkstation Pro Duo)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trens
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Gentoo on a ARM926EJ-S (Linkstation Pro Duo) Reply with quote

I searched these forums and only found other Linkstation. I have looked on other forums, but I can't seem to get a straight answer. I know it is possible but I haven't found anyone else that has done it.

looking for a guide or help via chat etc.

thanks and sorry if i missed the thread with the answer to this.

tRens
tarpman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Duo, but I imagine installing Gentoo on it would be the same as installing it on a Pro or Kuro Pro (except that your mach-type when you make your uImage is different).

I don't know of any guide or anything for doing it. What I did to install Gentoo on my Pro was boot it using foonas-em, and use that as my installation environment. There is an overlay on Sourceforge that has ebuilds for micro_evtd and gentoo-orion5x-sources (automatically modifies your kernel with the correct mach-type for your machine). I don't have the subversion checkout link right now but the project is called linkstationwiki.

If you want to to chat about it there are people in #linkstationwiki and #gentoo-embedded on Freenode who know stuff. You probably already know that the community hub for these boxes is nas-central.org.
baobab88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gentoo Embedded team is providing periodically some stage for the ARMv5TE little endian which do match the architecture of the ARM926EJ-S.
You can find some in MIRROR/releases/arm/autobuilds/20091028/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnu/

If you have a running kernel with the appropriate drivers, running Gentoo on ARM926EJ-S is OK.
If you want to recompile everything from stage1, use Qemu with the versatilepb architecture and you will be able to load a Gentoo inside of it and recompile everything.
Don't go to cross-compilation its not working yet.
trens
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost interest in doing as I became more involved at work.

Now I am going to try it out again. Thanks for the replies guys. Heading to the irc channels right now to see if I could get some help.

Again thank you and Ron Paul 2012!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: