emerge DBD-mysql-4.01.3 problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biatche
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: emerge DBD-mysql-4.01.3 problem Reply with quote

Code:

>>> Emerging (2 of 3) dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3
 * DBD-mysql-4.013.tar.gz RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                                                                [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                                                                                     [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * CPV:  dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3
 * REPO: gentoo
 * USE:  amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux multilib userland_GNU
sandbox:main  signal SIGQUIT already had a handler ...

>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking DBD-mysql-4.013.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/work

>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/work/DBD-mysql-4.013 ...
 * Using ExtUtils::MakeMaker
Can't locate DBI/DBD.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/x86_64-linux /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/x86_64-linux /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.10.1/x86_64-linux /usr/lib64/perl5/5.10.1 .) at Makefile.PL line 24.
 * ERROR: dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3 failed:
 *   Unable to build! (are you using USE="build"?)
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   54:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 2895:  Called perl-module_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2575:  Called perl-module_src_prep
 *   environment, line 2647:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *               perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr INSTALLDIRS=vendor INSTALLMAN3DIR='none' DESTDIR="${D}" ${myconf} <<< "${pm_echovar}" || die "Unable to build! (are you using USE=\"build\"?)";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/work/DBD-mysql-4.013'

>>> Failed to emerge dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3:

* ERROR: dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3 failed:
 *   Unable to build! (are you using USE="build"?)
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   54:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 2895:  Called perl-module_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2575:  Called perl-module_src_prep
 *   environment, line 2647:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *               perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/usr INSTALLDIRS=vendor INSTALLMAN3DIR='none' DESTDIR="${D}" ${myconf} <<< "${pm_echovar}" || die "Unable to build! (are you using USE=\"build\"?)";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3/work/DBD-mysql-4.013'

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
 * revdep-rebuild failed to emerge all packages.
 * you have the following choices:
 * - If emerge failed during the build, fix the problems and re-run revdep-rebuild.
 * - Use /etc/portage/package.keywords to unmask a newer version of the package.
 *   (and remove 5_order.rr to be evaluated again)
 * - Modify the above emerge command and run it manually.
 * - Compile or unmerge unsatisfied packages manually,
 *   remove temporary files, and try again.
 *   (you can edit package/ebuild list first)
 * To remove temporary files, please run:
 * rm /var/cache/revdep-rebuild/*.rr

ran revdepre-build
~amd64, happened after updating to latest mysql (5.1) and php.
NismoC32
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same error here, reverted to MySQL 5.0 again and I still get this error with dev-perl/DBD-mysql.
But at least now I ca install Amarok, would not compile with MySQL 5.1
It failed at 100% completed.
duryodhana
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is related with a newer version of perl
try this:
Code:

perl-cleaner --reallyall

it will re-emerge about 60 packages among them DBD-mysql-4.01.3

amarok-2.2.90 won't compile with mysql-5.1.44 cause there was a block message sayin' that amarok-2.2.90 and mysql-5.1.44 can't be installed at the same time.

I'll wait for a newer amarok version.
Nsd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with amarok not compiling with the new mysql 5.1 version can be solved by disabling the "embedded" use flag (echo "media-sound/amarok -embedded" >> /etc/portage/package.use).
You will then have to set up a new database for amarok as described at first run.
flaviomoura
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to move to uninstable ACCEPT_KEYWORDS='~x86' and got stuck exactly at this point and none of the above solutions work for me. In fact, I believe that my system as a whole is broken... Is there a step by step howto to rebuild the system (without erasing user data)?

Cheers,

Flavio.
daid
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: hope! Reply with quote

flaviomoura wrote:
I decided to move to uninstable ACCEPT_KEYWORDS='~x86' and got stuck exactly at this point and none of the above solutions work for me. In fact, I believe that my system as a whole is broken... Is there a step by step howto to rebuild the system (without erasing user data)?

Cheers,

Flavio.

For some hope, I just went to ~x86 from x86 two weeks ago. Owing to inode corruption (not the fault of Linux...) and me being excessively busy and not having time to thoroughly check the system, I didn't make a backup, so I'm at it again.

I didn't hit this error two weeks ago (but I get it now), so one option is just take the next-most-recent version in portage and try that.

Make sure you've run revdep-rebuild, ideally twice. (it's in the gentoolkit in portage)

Then you may consider a lower gcc version if you keep them around (I have this habit).

Next you can try lafilefixer (in portage as that name).

Don't convince yourself to redo all the work. Just start rebuilding things as above, downgrading relevant packages until you get it right. Even if you system is totally borked and won't reboot, you can always chroot from a live cd (System Rescue CD is my method of choice, but minimal gentoo x86 works just as well).

Once it is solved on my system, I'll at least say what I did and such. I might do things out of order (since I don't know the cause) but we can see!

You can force rebuild on the world, but that seems silly. Included with the perl-cleaner, revdep-rebuild, and lafilefixer, you should be rebuilding the *relevant* parts of your system, and not things are aren't broken or are unrelated.

Cheers,
daid
abulak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once i thought of moving to stable amd64, but recently gentoo is not causing (me) too many problems on unstable, so (for now) i'll stay on ~amd64.

to compile everything just run:
Code:
emerge -e world

it should reemerge ALL packages you have installed which is essential when downgrading glibc

[for me it takes ~24h of full cpu speed compiling]
rundm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem with dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3

Code:
perl-cleaner --reallyall

ended in the same error

Code:
emerge -1 dev-perl/DBI

solved it!
jdonahue
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rundm wrote:
Had the same problem with dev-perl/DBD-mysql-4.01.3

Code:
perl-cleaner --reallyall

ended in the same error

Code:
emerge -1 dev-perl/DBI

solved it!

Thanks rundm!!! :D
glecomte
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the same issue today and
Code:
emerge -1 dev-perl/DBI

did the trick as well.
bastibasti
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha how come i hit this problem 2 years later.

same solution solved it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: