Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
screenlets autostart, and multiple instances starting?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blamothe
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: screenlets autostart, and multiple instances starting? Reply with quote

hi. i've installed screenlets and i've got a bunch of screenlets that i'd like to run. i've clicked the checkbox for those specific screenlets to start automatically when i "log in", but it doesn't work. i'm running compiz-fusion stand alone and i have screenlets & as a line in my .xinitrc. when i startx, none of the screenlets start, but the screenlets-manager pops up and i have to manually select every screenlet that i want run each time i start x.

also, another annoyance is that, for a few screenlets, two copies start when i launch. these are each screenlets for which i had two copies open at one time, but i can't figure out a way to let the system know that i only want one copy of the screenlet. thanks a lot.
blamothe
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

also, here is my xinitrc
Code:

#!/bin/bash
syndaemon -i 1.25 -d -k
feh --bg-scale pics/wallpapers/alley.jpg
avant-window-navigator &
conky &
screenlets &
xscreensaver &
trayer --expand true --transparent true  --alpha 255 --edge bottom --align right --expand true --SetDockType true --widthtype request &
fusion-icon

i've also tried screenletsd &, screenlets-daemon &, but the same thing always happens. i've tried to contact the screenlets devs about this, but it looks like they've gone dark. the "Contact Us" link points to an email address that fails.
gabrielg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a .desktop file to my ~/.config/autostart directory with the actual command e.g., Exec= python -u /home/user/.screenlets/ACPIBattery/ACPIBatteryScreenlet.py

It isn't pretty, but it works.

I'm also using Openbox, so I keep all my screenlets in the "last" desktop, which I use as a startup default.

Incidentally, I'm looking for a replacement of screenlets, any ideas would be welcome!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: