Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
The F? Virtual Window Manager
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jochu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawnmist wrote:
Hi,
Any suggestions for how to get this to initialise an aterm on each page (and yes, I want a separate aterm not a single sticky one)? Have tried both "Exec aterm" and "Exec exec aterm" in the above format.

Here, try this :)

First, let's write a function that creates the aterm... (So the init is a LITTLE bit cleaner)
Code:
DestroyFunc CreateTermOnPage
AddToFunc CreateTermOnPage
+ I GoToPage $0 $1
+ I Exec exec aterm -name 'aterm [$0 $1]'
+ I Wait "aterm [$0 $1]"

Then let's throw it into the start function :)
Code:

DestroyFunc StartFunction
AddToFunc StartFunction
 + I Module FvwmButtons
 + I Test (Init) Exec exec nice gkrellm
 + I Exec exec ${fvwm_wallpaper}
 + I Test (Init) Exec exec xscreensaver
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 0 0
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 0 1
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 0 2
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 1 0
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 1 1
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 1 2
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 2 0
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 2 1
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 2 2
 + I Test (Init) GotoPage 0 0

That should do it. :P Good luck.
Lepaca Kliffoth
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh I wrote the style command you gave me and it works... it's exactly like the one I gave it so I probably messed up the coordinates trying to use the AxB-C-D notation. Thanks!
Lord_Firlionel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy,

I got a short question:

I'm using the following for changing wallpapers through the root-menu
Code:
DestroyFunc WallpaperBrowser
AddToFunc WallpaperBrowser
+ I DestroyMenu WallpaperBrowser
+ I AddToMenu WallpaperBrowser
+ I + DynamicPopDownAction DestroyMenu WallpaperBrowser
+ I PipeRead 'test ! -d $[fvwm_wallpaper_dir]/.thumbs && mkdir $[fvwm_wallpaper_dir]/.thumbs; \
   for i in $[fvwm_wallpaper_dir]/*; do \
      test -f "$[fvwm_wallpaper_dir]/.thumbs/${i##*/}" \
         -a "${i}" -ot "$[fvwm_wallpaper_dir]/.thumbs/${i##*/}" || { \
            convert -quality 0 -scale 32 "${i}" "png:$[fvwm_wallpaper_dir]/.thumbs/${i##*/}" 2>/dev/null \
               || continue; \
         }; \
      printf "+ %%%s%%\\"%s\\" Exec exec fvwm-root -r %s\\n" \ 
      "$[fvwm_wallpaper_dir]/.thumbs/${i##*/}" "${i##*/}" "${i}"; \
   done'

First I thought "well, simply doesn't work" but 5 minutes ago I tried it randomly and, wow, a *.png-image does the trick.

My question is, whether there is a possibility to edit the code so that it is possible to load *.jpg's as well.

Is there?

Edit: And when I'm asking anyway, is it possible for fvwm2 to remember, which wp I set and to reset it whenever I'm restarting the wm?

Edit2: Please excuse my unrest, after a little bit of research I found a program called feh that solved my problem! (For those who got the same problem: Click)
boroshan
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use jpegs, but you can't cache them in colorsets - you have to use a program like esetroot to set the background. of course, if you only have one desktop, this isn't a problem.

you can store the wp name in a file and read it back on startup. use piperead and a shell script or FvwmPerl to do the file handling
Dawnmist
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jochu wrote:
Dawnmist wrote:
Hi,
Any suggestions for how to get this to initialise an aterm on each page (and yes, I want a separate aterm not a single sticky one)? Have tried both "Exec aterm" and "Exec exec aterm" in the above format.

Here, try this :)

First, let's write a function that creates the aterm... (So the init is a LITTLE bit cleaner)
Code:
DestroyFunc CreateTermOnPage
AddToFunc CreateTermOnPage
+ I GoToPage $0 $1
+ I Exec exec aterm -name 'aterm [$0 $1]'
+ I Wait "aterm [$0 $1]"

Then let's throw it into the start function :)
Code:

DestroyFunc StartFunction
AddToFunc StartFunction
 + I Module FvwmButtons
 + I Test (Init) Exec exec nice gkrellm
 + I Test (Init) Exec exec xscreensaver
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 0 0
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 0 1
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 0 2
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 1 0
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 1 1
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 1 2
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 2 0
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 2 1
 + I Test (Init) CreateTermOnPage 2 2
 + I Test (Init) GotoPage 0 0

That should do it. :P Good luck.

That did the job nicely - although if anyone else is looking at this, you'll also need to change your settings in your .Xdefaults file from using 'aterm*property' to 'XTerm*property', as the renaming of the windows changed the resource name and the old defaults were not used, but the XTerm class didn't change.

Thanks!

Dawnmist.
Dawnmist
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of questions: with the wallpaper browser, is it possible to retain the subdirectory info in the filename of the iconic form of the image?

Have got here a set of wallpapers with subdirectories of vol1, vol2, etc, but each subdirectory contains image files with the same name - so that the icons are created for the first directory, but then already exist for the second directory so the old (now inaccurate) ones are used instead of ones that actually match the image.

So, is it possible to:
1. Strip the $wallpaper_dir path off the front
2. Change the rest of the / characters into _ characters
and use this for the icon names?

And the second question - sometimes I'd want to scale an image, sometimes to tile it depending on what the image is. I've written a short shell script that takes the image name, pops the icon up in an image editor, and asks the user using xmessage whether to tile or scale the image, outputs the correct background setting command to a start-up script so this image can be set again on startup and executes the script.

Is there a way to pop-up a message and include the image in the message (maybe using a menu?) for the prompt regarding tiling/scaling? At present, the image file and the message end up in very different places, and it'd be far nicer if they weren't separated.

Will post the prompts when their finished so other people can use them if they're interested :).

Cheers,
Dawnmist
Rainmaker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys: 2 short questions:

I'm leeching all your themes, to see if I can make something of it. In a lot of themes I see a little penguin with a system monitor below it. Which one is this? I emerged tormso, but that isn't it, is it?

2nd question: I don't have the fbsetbg command. I do have fbset, and have the fbset-tools package, but no fbsetbg. Which one do I need?
Bitruder
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed fvwm and fvwm-themes. When I run x, I launch fvwm-themes-start. All is good. I have a nice theme now. BUT, how do I go about editing things? For example, I want launch 3ddesk when fvwm boots up and create a keybinding that runs 3ddesk (3D-Desktop for those of you wondering). Now, I know I'm supposed to be editing my ~/.fvwm2rc file, but it's not there. It's also not in ~/.fwvm/

Where is it?
Dawnmist
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got there!

Have set of scripts that expand taviso's wallpaper browser and allow thumbnails from images in different image directories to have unique names.

It also reduces/removes the problem with correcting the missing submenu function for each directory, but has removed all the detail from the .fvwm2rc into a set of scripts with piperead.

You'll need to set some variables (you've probaby already done the wallpaper dir):

Code:
SetEnv fvwm_wallpaper_dir /usr/share/wallpapers
SetEnv fvwm_wallpaper ~/.fvwm/.background

~/.fvwm/.background will be a shell script to be run on start-up to reset your wallpaper to what you chose last time before loggin out.

For the Start function to enable setting the previously used wallpaper each time you restart (note that this will work with ANY image setter program, and also if you're having to log in through a session manager and the .xinitrc file is not being sourced), add the following line to your "StartFunction" function:
Code:

Change the WallpaperBrowser function to call your scripts:
Code:
#####
# Original Example: http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/screenshots/may04a-fvwm.png
#
# This is based heavily on taviso's script, but shifted to a command-line script in which we
# could change this more easily. The end effect is pretty much the same, but more easily
# understandable in how it alters filenames. It also makes the filename for an image icon partly
# dependant on the original location of the image, so that images with the same image name
# in different directories have different thumbnail image names.
###############
DestroyFunc WallpaperBrowser
AddToFunc WallpaperBrowser I PipeRead '${FVWM_USERDIR}/scripts/WallpaperBrowserMenuRepair.sh $0'

And the following scripts in your ${FVWM_USERDIR}/scripts/ directory:
ImgIconName.sh - This script alters the name of the image file by chopping off the fvwm wallpaper directory from the front of the name, and replacing the rest of the directory separator characters with underscores. So the effect is for an image at ${fvwm_wallpaper_browser}/tiles/collectn1/a.jpg the icon name will be tiles_collectn1_a.jpg, and the thumbnail will be stored in ${FVWM_USERDIR}/.thumbs. If you want to store thumbnail images elsewhere, change the directory here and it'll be used everywhere else.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

newIconFile=`echo $1 | sed -e "s#$fvwm_wallpaper_dir/##g" | sed -e "s#/#_#g"`
imageIconFile=${FVWM_USERDIR}/.thumbs/$newIconFile

echo $imageIconFile

MakeImgIcon.sh - This script again takes the full name of the image, retrieves the name that the icon file should be, and checks whether the file exists. If not, it creates the thumbnail. If you want to change the thumbnail sizing, do it in here.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
imageIconFile=`${FVWM_USERDIR}/scripts/ImgIconName.sh $1`

if [[ !(-e $imageIconFile) ]]
then
convert -quality 0 -scale 42 "${1}" "png:${imageIconFile}" 2>/dev/null
fi

WallpaperBrowserMenuRepair.sh - This script actually creates the WallpaperBrowser popup menu. To work out what it was doing, I used taviso's script to see what should be there, then made this one to perform the same function. By doing it this way, I've eliminated the need to find and alter the MissingSubmenuFunction value, as well as correctly setting each thumbnail image name to our altered version. This does two sets of finds so that directories could be sorted first, stores each line in a temporary file until the full script completes, then echoes the contents of the file and deletes it.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo "DestroyMenu recreate \"${1}\"" > tmpMenu.tmp
echo "AddToMenu \"${1}\"" >> tmpMenu.tmp
echo "+ DynamicPopDownAction DestroyMenu \"${1}\"" >> tmpMenu.tmp
echo "+ MissingSubmenuFunction WallpaperBrowser" >> tmpMenu.tmp
echo "+ \"%folder_view.png%${1}\" Exec cd \"${1}\"; xv -wait 2 *" >> tmpMenu.tmp
echo "+ \"\" Nop" >> tmpMenu.tmp

if [[ `find ${1}/* -maxdepth 0 -xtype d` ]]
then
for i in `find ${1}/* -maxdepth 0 -xtype d`*; do
    echo "+ \"%folder_paper_closed.png%${i##*/}\" Popup \"${i}\" item +100 c" >> tmpMenu.tmp
done
fi

if [[ `find ${1}/* -maxdepth 0 -xtype f` ]]
then
for i in `find ${1}/* -maxdepth 0 -xtype f`*; do
    iconFile=`. ${FVWM_USERDIR}/scripts/ImgIconName.sh ${i}`
    ${FVWM_USERDIR}/scripts/MakeImgIcon.sh ${i}
    echo "+ \"%${iconFile}%${i##*/}\" Exec ${FVWM_USERDIR}/scripts/ChangeBacking.sh \"${i}\"" >> tmpMenu.tmp
done
fi

cat tmpMenu.tmp
rm tmpMenu.tmp

~/.fvwm/scripts/ChangeBacking.sh - This is the final setter script for the background. What it does is creates a small shell script file (overwriting it if it already exists) with the command needed to set the wallpaper back to the chosen background when you restart. It then runs the setter command. And since *how* you'd like to set the background may change according to the image involved (i.e. tiled or scaled - many images designed for tiling look like absolute CRAP when they've been scaled!), it pops up a message prompting for the correct use of the image first, with a look at the thumbnail of the image as well. If you're using gkrellm, you can also use this script as the "background change command". Change the Esetroot command and options to whatever you would use for setting your background.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

imageIconFile=`~/.fvwm/scripts/ImgIconName.sh "${1}"`
~/.fvwm/scripts/MakeImgIcon.sh $1
eog "${imageIconFile}" &

choice=`xmessage -buttons "Scaled","Tiled","Don't Change the Background" -default "Scaled" -print -center \
"Background: $1
How do you want this image applied as the background?"`

if [ "Scaled" == "${choice}" ]
then
echo "#!/bin/bash" > ~/.fvwm/.background
echo "Esetroot -s $1" >> ~/.fvwm/.background
~/.fvwm/.background
elif [ "Tiled" == "${choice}" ]
then
echo "#!/bin/bash" > ~/.fvwm/.background
echo "Esetroot $1" >> ~/.fvwm/.background
~/.fvwm/.background
fi

And again for if you're using gkrellm, a short script to generate the database file (swapping /usr/share/wallpapers for your wallpaper directory):
CreateBackgroundDb.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash

find /usr/share/wallpapers -name *.jpg -follow | grep jpg >> ~/.fvwm/.backgrounds.temp.idb
find /usr/share/wallpapers -name *.png -follow | grep png >> ~/.fvwm/.backgrounds.temp.idb

cat ~/.fvwm/.backgrounds.temp.idb | sort | uniq > ~/.fvwm/.backgrounds.idb
rm ~/.fvwm/.backgrounds.temp.idb

And then set your image database to the created file. You can duplicate the second find line for any other image types you may wish to use. (The grep is mainly for copying the output to a file).

Things that could be improved: The prompt for scaling/tiling wallpapers and the associated images need some way to be joined - but I'm not yet sure how to do this. Maybe could trigger a pop-up similar to a menu with the image icon and name as the title and tiled/scaled/nothing as the entries?

Hope that's useful to people other than me :D

Cheers,
Dawnmist

Edit: found a problem in the WallpaperBrowserMenuRepair.sh script, if there were no files/directories found, it'd list anything matching in your home directory. Added a test to prevent this happening.

Last edited by Dawnmist on Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Keffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainmaker wrote:
Hey guys: 2 short questions:

I'm leeching all your themes, to see if I can make something of it. In a lot of themes I see a little penguin with a system monitor below it. Which one is this? I emerged tormso, but that isn't it, is it?

2nd question: I don't have the fbsetbg command. I do have fbset, and have the fbset-tools package, but no fbsetbg. Which one do I need?

1. That is a (bunch of) gdesklet(s).

2. Google says fbset is a "framebuffer device maintenance program" so that ain't it. You probably need to emerge something (don't know what, it isn't fbsetbg though). Or you could just emerge feh and use that :).
Keffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitruder wrote:
I've installed fvwm and fvwm-themes. When I run x, I launch fvwm-themes-start. All is good. I have a nice theme now. BUT, how do I go about editing things? For example, I want launch 3ddesk when fvwm boots up and create a keybinding that runs 3ddesk (3D-Desktop for those of you wondering). Now, I know I'm supposed to be editing my ~/.fvwm2rc file, but it's not there. It's also not in ~/.fwvm/

Where is it?

I am not familiar with fvwm-themes myself, but from the fvwm-themes FAQ:

Quote:
1.2 Does fvwm-themes overwrite my .fvwm2rc? If no, how does it work?

A: No, it does not overwrite your .fvwm2rc. The only files and directories,
which fvwm-themes manages are ~/.fvwm/themes* ones, more precisely:

~/.fvwm/themes/ - the user themes as opposed to the site themes
~/.fvwm/themes/current-main/ - the current theme in the main session
~/.fvwm/themes/current - symbolic link to the actual current session theme
~/.fvwm/themes-rc - the .fvwm2rc equivalent
~/.fvwm/themes-rc-2 - additional rc used by themes-rc, symbolic link
~/.fvwm/themes-rc-3 - additional rc used for theme switching

The rc files themes-rc and themes-rc-2 are created by fvwm-themes-config.
FVWM Themes should be loaded by fvwm-themes-start shell script, which
initializes all needed files/directories if needed and starts fvwm as:

fvwm -f themes-rc

To return to your .fvwm2rc configuration, replace a call to fvwm-themes-start
with a call to fvwm executable in .xinitrc or other initialization file.

If you wish to continue using fvwm-themes then question 2.1 of the FAQ ( http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/doc/FAQ ) seems to cover what you need to do to make manual changes to configs.

Edit: Made the link work as a link...
Bitruder
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^

Thanks. I've unmerged fvwm-themes and I'm going to go at this from scratch. I thought everybody built off the themes! Oh well.

Thanks again.
Jeremy_Z
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fbsetbg is provided with fluxbox, look at the fluxbox page if you want just that util.
Bitruder
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started customizing my desktop and it's kinda fun :) Where is a good help source though? Reading through the FVWM man pages on the website doesn't really go into much detail. For example, I can't figure out how to do this:

I want to bind ALT-SHIFT-D to run "3ddesk" regardless of which window is currently open. How would I do that?
jochu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitruder wrote:
I've started customizing my desktop and it's kinda fun :) Where is a good help source though? Reading through the FVWM man pages on the website doesn't really go into much detail. For example, I can't figure out how to do this:

I want to bind ALT-SHIFT-D to run "3ddesk" regardless of which window is currently open. How would I do that?

Oh they're not that bad, are they? :P It's where I look up most of my stuff. The index on the bottom and search command are very very nice when navigating that beast.

Anyways, it has to do with keybindings.
FVWM man pages wrote:
Key [(window)] Keyname Context Modifiers Function
Context describes where the binding applies. Valid contexts are
'R' for the root window, 'W' for an application window, 'D' for
a desktop application (as kdesktop or Nautilus desktop), 'T' for
a window title-bar, 'S' for a window side, top, or bottom bar,
'[', ']', ´-' and '_' for the left, right, top or bottom side
only, 'F' for a window frame (the corners), '<', '^', '>' and
'v' for the top left, top right, bottom right or bottom left
corner, 'I' for an icon window, or '0' through '9' for title-bar
buttons, or any combination of these letters. 'A' is for any
context
. For instance, a context of "FST" applies when the
mouse is anywhere in a window's border except the title-bar but-
tons. Only 'S' and 'W' are valid for an undecorated window.
Modifiers is any combination of 'N' for no modifiers, 'C' for
control, 'S' for shift, 'M' for Meta, 'L' for Caps-Lock or 'A'
for any modifier. For example, a modifier of "SM" applies when
both the Meta and Shift keys are down. X11 modifiers mod1
through mod5 are represented as the digits '1' through '5'. The
modifier 'L' is ignored by default. To turn it on, use the
IgnoreModifiers command.

So Keyname = D
Context = we want anything, so A (as bolded)
Modifiers = we want alt (aka meta) and shift, so MS
Function = execute 3ddesk, Exec exec 3ddesk

Put it all together?

Key D A MS Exec exec 3ddesk
Rainmaker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a bit offtopic, but are there any extra things we can do with xorg 6.8? Or doesn't the X server give extra possibilities to use by the WM?
berarul
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: xcompmgr xorg 6.7.99999999 and fvwmshelf Reply with quote

When I enable the composite extension in my xorg.conf, FvwmShelf crashes. My .fvwmrc is pretty much that of taviso, so anyone experienced anything similar?
Bitruder
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are these MAN PAGES with search and stuff?
I'm looking here: http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/manpages/unstable/fvwm.php

I can't find a search... and I can't find the reference you pointed out.
swami
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have Tavis O. fvwm2 theme [1], but I do not have this icons:

[FVWM][ReadDecorFace]: <<ERROR>> couldn't load pixmap title_back.png
[FVWM][ReadDecorFace]: <<ERROR>> couldn't load pixmap title_back_inactive.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from alt_f1.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from alt_f2.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from alt_f3.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from win_x.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from win_l.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from ctl_alt_c.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from ctl_alt_g.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from ctl_alt_n.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from opera.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from firefox.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from gvim.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from ctl_alt_b.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from ctl_alt_x.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from win_i.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from ctl_alt_s.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from ctl_alt_f4.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from ctl_alt_r.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from alt_sft_up.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from alt_sft_left.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from alt_sft_right.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from alt_sft_down.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from alt_f4.png
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from win_x.png

maby you can help me and send it to my email if you have this..?

---
[1] - http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/fvwm2rc.html
Jefklak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainmaker wrote:
Maybe a bit offtopic, but are there any extra things we can do with xorg 6.8? Or doesn't the X server give extra possibilities to use by the WM?

Check the wallpaper september thread @ gentoo chat - page 5 or so (guilverts entry).
{Linux User #333296}
Kernel 2.6.9-nitro4!
<< hurrah
jochu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitruder wrote:
Where are these MAN PAGES with search and stuff?
I'm looking here: http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/manpages/unstable/fvwm.php

I can't find a search... and I can't find the reference you pointed out.

Search as in browser search buttons and put in key words? Like mouse or key or binding etc? As for the place that's in the man pages, check out the index (on the way bottom)... "COMMANDS FOR MOUSE, KEY AND STROKE BINDINGS" <-- (http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/manpages/unstable/fvwm.php#lbBR) and it's a little under there.

(btw, mine might not match that one completely. I used the man pages installed with fvwm -- man fvwm -- to check it)
gulivert
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefklak wrote:
Rainmaker wrote:

Check the wallpaper september thread @ gentoo chat - page 5 or so (guilverts entry).

Thanks ..... - page 9 :wink: or look this video
Jefklak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulivert, is there a way to fasten the shading menus or do you have to hack it in the source code manually? (Using your custom patch)
{Linux User #333296}
Kernel 2.6.9-nitro4!
<< hurrah
MagnusBerg
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulivert wrote:
Thanks ..... - page 9 :wink: or look this video

Real cool video. I saved it to my disk so I can look at it whenever I need to be inspired. But how did you do it?
trexmaster
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys make me want to give fvwm a try. I'm pretty bored with Gnome right now (even though I got it to look ok) and I'd like something a bit more... personal :D

From what I've read (read a bit of this thread, and a bit of fvwm man pages), you can do almost anything you want with fvwm (except coffee maybe), given you take enough time to configure it. Really makes me want to try fvwm.

Either that, or writing my own full OpenGL desktop to run on top of the WM (that'd obviously be a very personal thing).

Or both.
Yeah. Both is the best way. Don't you agree ?

(gets out to look for fvwm config files to learn from, and to print fvwm man pages---->[])
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 64 of 67

Jump to: