Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[how-to] 3d hardware acc with ati open source driver.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pingufunkybeat wrote:
You can't get more than 60Hz if it's locked to refresh rate. :)

My screen is 85Hz ...
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loopx wrote:
Are you using Gallium3D (eselect r600) ?

Whoaaa! I never even though to try that one. I've diddled the USE flags between classic and gallium3d, and am currently built with both, but I never thought to use eselect. Should I also be enabling the "llvm" USE flag?
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depontius wrote:
loopx wrote:

Whoaaa! I never even though to try that one. I've diddled the USE flags between classic and gallium3d, and am currently built with both, but I never thought to use eselect. Should I also be enabling the "llvm" USE flag?

don't.

that's the software-fallback

and everytime I had that enabled gallium or classic wouldn't work anymore

so the ebuild or mesa seems to be broken in that regard

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
pingufunkybeat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loopx wrote:
pingufunkybeat wrote:
You can't get more than 60Hz if it's locked to refresh rate. :)

My screen is 85Hz ...

Well, then you can. I can't.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
has anyone noticed this? https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-862511-highlight-.html

That wouldn't happen to be a very visible black flicker that resembles tearing, would it?

Now I already know about the usual dynpm flicker, but this one was much worse, started happening about a week or two ago and was doing it every 20-30 seconds, even on the console and with dynpm turned off. I decided my card was dying so I have a new one anyway now (HD5450); would be a shame if I bought new hardware over a software glitch...
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
depontius wrote:
Should I also be enabling the "llvm" USE flag?

don't.

that's the software-fallback

and everytime I had that enabled gallium or classic wouldn't work anymore

so the ebuild or mesa seems to be broken in that regard

Interesting. Since it was pretty easy and non-invasive (only 1 ~amd64) I just moved to mesa-7.10-r1, and it seems to make the most visible performance change I've seen so far, at least on doomsday. (doom-engine source-port using OpenGL) This is on an embedded radeon 4200. I'm not much of a gamer, kind of stuck in the past. But up until installing 7.10 the new board has been a bit jerky, now it feels smooth. I don't know that there's that much difference, just hitting a threshold.

Maybe after kernel-2.6.38 is out and mesa-7.11 makes it to portage I'll even give doom3-demo a try, again. When it first came out, and older system (Athlon-XP 2600 with nVidia 5700LE) just didn't hack it.

What I'd really like is Uru Myst on Linux. I've done a little bit with it under WINE, but never with the DIB engine fix, and none of the really new MOUL stuff.
loopx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depontius wrote:
loopx wrote:

Two days ago, I've switched to Gallium3D with driver 9999 for my HD4550. It worked better than classic without 9999 dev version. Because of Nexuiz lags and some other problem, I use the last version in repository, and yesterday, I tried the "llvm" flag on Mesa => it work again better :) from 20 FPS before, I can now play with 50FPS (max 70 ; never reach that with old version : was 40 max ...).
loopx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant_P wrote:
DaggyStyle wrote:
has anyone noticed this? https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-862511-highlight-.html

That wouldn't happen to be a very visible black flicker that resembles tearing, would it?

Now I already know about the usual dynpm flicker, but this one was much worse, started happening about a week or two ago and was doing it every 20-30 seconds, even on the console and with dynpm turned off. I decided my card was dying so I have a new one anyway now (HD5450); would be a shame if I bought new hardware over a software glitch...

Hahaha, I was thinking my screen (CRT) was dying ... but I will not change right now 8). When loggin in KDE? I see these flickers (every time when opening the session), and after, every 2-3 minutes ...

Really strange ..
bpkent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:

btw, how can I enable the 3d composition in vmware-player?

Don't know about player, though my install of VMware Workstation 7.1.3.324285 appears to be a little broken following upgrades to x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.14.0 and the rest (x11-drivers/radeon-ucode-20110106, x11-libs/libX11-1.4.1, x11-apps/xdm-1.1.10-r1, media-libs/mesa-7.9.1, x11-apps/mesa-progs-8.0.1, x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.23, x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.4, etc). Prior to the upgrades I could start vmware directly from a terminal session, a window would open and I'd start a vm (or set up some menu shortcuts to make life a little simpler), following the upgrades if I do the same, on starting the vm the vmware window goes dark, and then nothing, eventually it returns to the display of a powered off vm. I did find that if I ssh -X <me>@localhost, and then start vmware, everything appears to work as expected, so I'm thinking that as part of the upgrades vmware's ability to open a vm display on :0 has been removed.

I've seen some references to an overlay for vmware, I'm not using that, and maybe that's the ultimate answer, though I suspect it's lack of support from the VMware side of things. Anyways, I'm happy that I can now use my HD 5750 (JUNIPER) card, on 2.6.36-r5 without going through all the layman configuration heroics that I tried and failed to do :oops: prior to emerging the latest video drivers last night.

Code:
# glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (JUNIPER 68BE) 20090101  TCL DRI2
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.9.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL extensions

# uname -s -r -i -o -m
Linux 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 x86_64 GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

# grep Chipset /var/log/Xorg.0.log
[  1092.848] (--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series" (ChipID = 0x68be)
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpkent wrote:
DaggyStyle wrote:

btw, how can I enable the 3d composition in vmware-player?

Don't know about player, though my install of VMware Workstation 7.1.3.324285 appears to be a little broken following upgrades to x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.14.0 and the rest (x11-drivers/radeon-ucode-20110106, x11-libs/libX11-1.4.1, x11-apps/xdm-1.1.10-r1, media-libs/mesa-7.9.1, x11-apps/mesa-progs-8.0.1, x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.23, x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.4, etc). Prior to the upgrades I could start vmware directly from a terminal session, a window would open and I'd start a vm (or set up some menu shortcuts to make life a little simpler), following the upgrades if I do the same, on starting the vm the vmware window goes dark, and then nothing, eventually it returns to the display of a powered off vm. I did find that if I ssh -X <me>@localhost, and then start vmware, everything appears to work as expected, so I'm thinking that as part of the upgrades vmware's ability to open a vm display on :0 has been removed.

I've seen some references to an overlay for vmware, I'm not using that, and maybe that's the ultimate answer, though I suspect it's lack of support from the VMware side of things. Anyways, I'm happy that I can now use my HD 5750 (JUNIPER) card, on 2.6.36-r5 without going through all the layman configuration heroics that I tried and failed to do :oops: prior to emerging the latest video drivers last night.

Code:
# glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (JUNIPER 68BE) 20090101  TCL DRI2
OpenGL extensions

# uname -s -r -i -o -m
Linux 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 x86_64 GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

[  1092.848] (--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series" (ChipID = 0x68be)

I have a 3600 card and I use xf86-video-vmware, xf86-video-ati, mesa and libdrm from svn.
my issue seems to be related to conf file as I get a conf file missing when vmware start which causes 3d to be disabled.
bpkent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:

I have a 3600 card and I use xf86-video-vmware, xf86-video-ati, mesa and libdrm from svn.
my issue seems to be related to conf file as I get a conf file missing when vmware start which causes 3d to be disabled.

I have another PC with a similar card to yours:

Code:
[  2838.901] (--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Radeon HD3870" (ChipID = 0x9501)

# glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RV670 9501) 20090101  TCL DRI2
OpenGL extensions

I updated make.conf to include vmware in VIDEO_CARDS and emerged (-uvD --newuse world). I saw that xf86-video-vmware was updated (x11-drivers/xf86-video-vmware-11.0.3), though I still have the same issues starting a Workstation vm on :0 :cry: .
supernovae
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright lads, i've got one for you.

Recently brought a new PC, i7 2600 + HD6850 + all the other crap to go along with it. Now i've been over in the nvidia camp for sometime(read: as long as i can remember) and have always been happy with the performance of they're blob driver. I knew that it would be somewhat of a shock moving to the AMD but required it to run 3 monitors from the one card. Primarily my system is used to play EVE Online(under wine) and League of Legends(under wine) as well as general main desktop functionality and fiddling station.

I started with the 10.12 binary blob, which worked poorly. Moved to the 11.1, which was a little better but still buggy and refused to run things that i wanted. Moved to 11.2 today and while it seems it finally officially supports my card the actual ability to run the stuff i wanted still required far to much stuffing around. In this time i had dabbled in the OSS driver but was put off by the FPS performance compared to the blob. I run a ~amd64 multilib system. At some point i had made an attempt at running the git OSS stuff but had been unable to get it to work at the time.

Today i moved to 2.6.38-rc5-git5, libdrm-9999, mesa-9999(ebuild for s3tc on previous page) and xf86-video-ati-9999. All of my other Xorg stuff is at ~amd64. I have selected gallium3d for r600 with eselect and confirmed the links. I'm impressed, KMS is very nice, my desktop compositing in xfce seems to work without fault. I have also been able to run both quake3 and ut2004 at 5040x1050. However i am having some issues.

1. I run alot of application in idividual X session so to keep normal desktop functionality beside full screen applications(started with "#xinit ~/.bin/games/eve -- :1 -ac"). When ever this applications close it should return me to the executing X session, this is the behaviour on my old system and also with the blob driver. With the OSS driver however i am dumped back to the console with an X crash, this is always the case.

2. Lots of accelerated application are refusing to run. WINE would be the most prominent example, with all games i've tried so far crashing out with a similar error. Google earth also crashes out with an error similiar to WINE. Extreme tux racer says that it cannot find GLX visual. TBH i'm stumped with these.

Information:
Code:
Portage 2.1.9.40 (default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop, gcc-4.5.2, glibc-2.13-r1, 2.6.38-rc5-git5 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.38-rc5-git5-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i7-2600_CPU_@_3.40GHz-with-gentoo-2.0.1
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 02:15:01 +0000
ccache version 3.1.4 [enabled]
app-shells/bash:     4.1_p9
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.11-r3
dev-lang/python:     2.6.6-r1, 2.7.1, 3.1.3
dev-util/ccache:     3.1.4
dev-util/cmake:      2.8.3-r1
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1-r1
sys-apps/openrc:     0.7.0
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.5
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.68
sys-devel/automake:  1.9.6-r3, 1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.21
sys-devel/gcc:       4.5.2
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.4-r1
sys-devel/make:      3.82
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.36.1 (sys-kernel/linux-headers)
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt /var/lib/hsqldb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/splash /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs ccache distlocks fixlafiles fixpackages news parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
FFLAGS=""
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/gentoo/"
LANG="en_AU.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j8"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/var/lib/layman/sunrise /var/lib/layman/mozilla /var/lib/layman/x11 /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.au.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="3dnow X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 ati bash-completion berkdb branding bzip2 cairo cdr cleartype cli consolekit cracklib crypt css cups cxx dbus dri dts dvb dvd dvdr emboss emerald encode exif fam fbcondecor ffmpeg firefox flac fontconfig fortran fuse gallium gdbm gdu gif gnome-keyring gnutls gpm gstreamer gtk gzip iconv imap jpeg lame lcms libnotify lirc lm_sensors lzo mad madwifi matroska mikmod mmap mms mmx mng modules mp3 mp4 mpeg msn mtp mudflap multilib ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ntfs offensive ogg ogm openal opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf perl png policykit ppds pppd python qt3support quicktime rar readline s3tc samba sdl session smp spell sse sse2 ssl startup-notification svg sysfs syslog tcpd theora threads thunar tiff truetype udev unicode usb v4l v4l2 vcd vorbis wifi x264 xcb xcomposite xfce xinerama xml xorg xrandr xscreensaver xulrunner xv xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CAMERAS="ptp2" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en" LIRC_DEVICES="sb0540" PHP_TARGETS="php5-3" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon r600" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Code:
zcat /proc/config.gz | grep FIRMWARE
CONFIG_PREVENT_FIRMWARE_BUILD=y
CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL=y
CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE="radeon/BARTS_mc.bin radeon/BARTS_me.bin radeon/BARTS_pfp.bin radeon/BTC_rlc.bin radeon/CAICOS_mc.bin radeon/CAICOS_me.bin radeon/CAICOS_pfp.bin radeon/TURKS_mc.bin radeon/TURKS_me.bin radeon/TURKS_pfp.bin"
CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR="/lib/firmware/"
# CONFIG_FIRMWARE_EDID is not set
CONFIG_FIRMWARE_MEMMAP=y

Code:
$ emerge -pv mesa libdrm xf86-video-ati

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/libdrm-9999  USE="libkms -static-libs" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon -intel -nouveau -vmware" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/mesa-9999  USE="classic gallium nptl s3tc -d3d -debug -gles -llvm -motif -pic (-selinux)" VIDEO_CARDS="r600 radeon -i810 -i915 -i965 -intel -mach64 -mga -nouveau -r100 -r128 -r200 -r300 -savage -sis -tdfx -via -vmware" 0 kB [2]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-9999  0 kB [1]

Total: 3 packages (3 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [1] /var/lib/layman/x11
 [2] /usr/local/portage

Code:
$ eselect mesa list
64bit i915 (Intel 915, 945)
64bit i965 (Intel 965, G/Q3x, G/Q4x)
64bit r300 (Radeon R300-R500)
  [1]   gallium *
64bit r600 (Radeon R600-R700, Evergreen, Northern Islands)
  [1]   classic
  [2]   gallium *
64bit sw (Software renderer)
  [1]   classic
  [2]   gallium *
32bit i915 (Intel 915, 945)
  [1]   classic *
  [2]   gallium
32bit i965 (Intel 965, G/Q3x, G/Q4x)
  [1]   classic *
  [2]   gallium
32bit r300 (Radeon R300-R500)
  [1]   classic
  [2]   gallium *
32bit r600 (Radeon R600-R700, Evergreen, Northern Islands)
  [1]   classic
  [2]   gallium *
32bit sw (Software renderer)
  [1]   classic
  [2]   gallium *

Code:
$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BARTS
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.11-devel

Errors:
Code:
$ xdg-open Desktop/EVE\ -\ Desktop.desktop
fixme:gameux:GameExplorerImpl_VerifyAccess (0x129478, L"C:\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\eve.exe", 0x33fdac)
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x47c000 0 0x33f638 4
EVE Client version 6.41 build 229669 starting  23:18:15
Network layer using: StacklessIO
Multi-Language System: Client using language [EN]
fixme:actctx:parse_assembly_elem wrong version for assembly manifest: 8.0.50608.0 / 8.0.50727.4053
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest L"C:\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin\\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest"
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50608.0)
Unknown chipset 0x6739
fixme:d3d_caps:wined3d_guess_card No card selector available for GL vendor 4 and card vendor 0000.
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x338ad4,0x00000000), stub!
EVE Client version 6.41 build 229669 started  23:18:16
Starting services
Service machoNet: 0.001s
Service dataconfig: 0.003s
[...]
Service webtools: 0.000s
Service draw: 0.000s
LLVM ERROR: Cannot yet select: 0x7d0a47e8: v4i32 = bit_convert 0x7d0a3f68 [ID=346]
  0x7d0a3f68: v2i64 = xor 0x7d0bce90, 0x7d0bd2d0 [ID=333]
    0x7d0bce90: v2i64 = bit_convert 0x7d104d70 [ID=321]
      0x7d104d70: v4i32 = X86ISD::PCMPEQD 0x7d1048a8, 0x7d0bcad8 [ID=287]
        0x7d1048a8: v4i32 = bit_convert 0x7d104820 [ID=264]
          0x7d104820: v2i64 = and 0x7d1087e8, 0x7d0a55d0 [ID=241]
            0x7d1087e8: v2i64 = bit_convert 0x7d0a9650 [ID=207]
              0x7d0a9650: v4i32 = vector_shuffle 0x7d0a9078, 0x7d0a8ff0<0,0,0,0> [ID=151]
                0x7d0a9078: v4i32 = scalar_to_vector 0x7d104f08 [ID=112]
                  0x7d104f08: i32,ch = load 0x7cdd6af4, 0x7d104e80, 0x7d1044f0<LD4[FixedStack-10]> [ORD=228] [ID=69]
                    0x7cdd6af4: ch = EntryToken [ORD=1] [ID=0]
                    0x7d104e80: i32 = FrameIndex<-10> [ORD=228] [ID=9]
                    0x7d1044f0: i32 = undef [ORD=1] [ID=2]
                0x7d0a8ff0: v4i32 = undef [ID=58]
            0x7d0a55d0: v2i64,ch = load 0x7cdd6af4, 0x7d0a54c0, 0x7d1044f0<LD16[ConstantPool]> [ID=115]
              0x7cdd6af4: ch = EntryToken [ORD=1] [ID=0]
              0x7d0a54c0: i32 = X86ISD::Wrapper 0x7d0a4cb0 [ID=72]
                0x7d0a4cb0: i32 = TargetConstantPool<<4 x i32> <i32 1, i32 2, i32 16, i32 32>> 0 [ID=56]
              0x7d1044f0: i32 = undef [ORD=1] [ID=2]
        0x7d0bcad8: v4i32 = BUILD_VECTOR 0x7d107aa0, 0x7d107aa0, 0x7d107aa0, 0x7d107aa0 [ORD=233] [ID=70]
          0x7d107aa0: i32 = Constant<0> [ORD=18] [ID=14]
    0x7d0bd2d0: v2i64 = bit_convert 0x7d105018 [ID=114]
      0x7d105018: v4i32 = BUILD_VECTOR 0x7d104df8, 0x7d104df8, 0x7d104df8, 0x7d104df8 [ID=71]
        0x7d104df8: i32 = Constant<-1> [ID=55]

Code:
googleearth
Unknown chipset 0x6739
LLVM ERROR: Cannot yet select: 0xda6163d0: v4i32 = bit_convert 0xda614dd8 [ID=75]
  0xda614dd8: v2i64 = xor 0xda618740, 0xda618b80 [ID=74]
    0xda618740: v2i64 = bit_convert 0xda614118 [ID=73]
      0xda614118: v4i32 = X86ISD::PCMPEQD 0xda614090, 0xda617d68 [ID=72]
        0xda614090: v4i32 = bit_convert 0xda614008 [ID=67]
          0xda614008: v2i64 = and 0xda616788, 0xda617350 [ID=62]
            0xda616788: v2i64 = bit_convert 0xda618498 [ID=57]
              0xda618498: v4i32 = vector_shuffle 0xda616ab8, 0xda616a30<0,0,0,0> [ID=52]
                0xda616ab8: v4i32 = scalar_to_vector 0xda614910 [ID=43]
                  0xda614910: i32,ch = load 0x97291cc, 0xda614888, 0xda613ef8<LD4[FixedStack-10]> [ORD=29] [ID=32]
                    0x97291cc: ch = EntryToken [ORD=1] [ID=0]
                    0xda614888: i32 = FrameIndex<-10> [ORD=29] [ID=5]
                    0xda613ef8: i32 = undef [ORD=1] [ID=2]
                0xda616a30: v4i32 = undef [ID=26]
            0xda617350: v2i64,ch = load 0x97291cc, 0xda616128, 0xda613ef8<LD16[ConstantPool]> [ID=47]
              0x97291cc: ch = EntryToken [ORD=1] [ID=0]
              0xda616128: i32 = X86ISD::Wrapper 0xda616238 [ID=36]
                0xda616238: i32 = TargetConstantPool<<4 x i32> <i32 1, i32 2, i32 16, i32 32>> 0 [ID=25]
              0xda613ef8: i32 = undef [ORD=1] [ID=2]
        0xda617d68: v4i32 = BUILD_VECTOR 0xda615f90, 0xda615f90, 0xda615f90, 0xda615f90 [ORD=34] [ID=33]
          0xda615f90: i32 = Constant<0> [ORD=3] [ID=10]
    0xda618b80: v2i64 = bit_convert 0xda6142b0 [ID=45]
      0xda6142b0: v4i32 = BUILD_VECTOR 0xda6141a0, 0xda6141a0, 0xda6141a0, 0xda6141a0 [ID=34]
        0xda6141a0: i32 = Constant<-1> [ID=23]
Google Earth has caught signal 11.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Google Earth has crashed.
 This is a bug in the program, and should never happen under normal
 circumstances. A bug report and debugging data have been written
 to this text file:

/home/dylan/.googleearth/crashlogs/crashlog-4d6258cd.txt

Please include this file if you submit a bug report to Google.

Code:
$ etracer
Extreme TuxRacer SVN Development --  http://www.extremetuxracer.com
(c) 2007-2008 The ETRacer team
(c) 2004-2005 The PPRacer team
(c) 1999-2001 Jasmin F. Patry<jfpatry@sunspirestudios.com>
ETRacer comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for details.

*** etracer error: Couldn't initialize video: Couldn't find matching GLX visual (Resource temporarily unavailable)

Any help at this point would be awesome, as i feel like i've hit a brick wall.

Cheers all.

:)
pingufunkybeat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a regression of some sort, or just the fact that support for HD6xxx is very recent so there are rough corners. Try re-emerging mesa every day an see if it gets fixed -- these are git versions, so regressions are possible (albeit rare).

According to http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonProgram, EVE and Google Earth should work well on r700, which is using the same Gallium driver. so I expect that it should work on your card too.
pingufunkybeat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The s3tc-enabled mesa build from this thread fails with:

Code:
* ERROR: media-libs/mesa-9999 failed:
 *   !!! newins: /usr/local/portage/media-libs/mesa/files/eselect-mesa.conf.7.10 does not exist
 * Call stack:
 *                  newins, line 13:  Called helpers_die 'eselect-mesa.conf'
 *   isolated-functions.sh, line 105:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *                      die "$@"
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =media-libs/mesa-9999',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =media-libs/mesa-9999'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay named 'Local': '/usr/local/portage/'
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/work/Mesa-9999'

Anyone seen this? Isn't eselect-mesa a completely separate package?
loopx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@supernovae: you should try the "llvm" use flag for mesa ;-) it's again more faster 8)
supernovae
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pingufunkybeat wrote:
The s3tc-enabled mesa build from this thread fails with:

Code:
* ERROR: media-libs/mesa-9999 failed:
 *   !!! newins: /usr/local/portage/media-libs/mesa/files/eselect-mesa.conf.7.10 does not exist
 * Call stack:
 *                  newins, line 13:  Called helpers_die 'eselect-mesa.conf'
 *   isolated-functions.sh, line 105:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *                      die "$@"
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =media-libs/mesa-9999',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =media-libs/mesa-9999'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay named 'Local': '/usr/local/portage/'
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/work/Mesa-9999'

Anyone seen this? Isn't eselect-mesa a completely separate package?

You need eselect-mesa.conf in /usr/local/portage/media-libs/mesa/files you can just copy it from your main portage repo, or the x11 one(i think the file is the same but i'm not 100%).

loopx wrote:
@supernovae: you should try the "llvm" use flag for mesa ;-) it's again more faster 8)

I don't think i want to do that, afaik, llvm is for speeding up the software raster, nothing to do with hardware acceleration. I could however be wrong.
pingufunkybeat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch, I missed that. The older mesa build I had locally worked without it.
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute here... Is the LLVM flag good for mesa in general, or is it only good for classic with the software rasterizer? At some point I was asking about this, not sure if it was on this thread or another, and I was told NOT to use LLVM if I wanted gallium3d + hardware.
xming
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have merged 2.6.37.1 + ck2 + d-r-t + s3tc patch for r600g, working great here with ut2004 on a 3850.
loopx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depontius wrote:
Wait a minute here... Is the LLVM flag good for mesa in general, or is it only good for classic with the software rasterizer? At some point I was asking about this, not sure if it was on this thread or another, and I was told NOT to use LLVM if I wanted gallium3d + hardware.

Gallium3d + llvm works better for me ... I think ...

Quote:
LLVM usage

In addition, using the modular structure of Gallium3D, there are works underway to leverage the LLVM compiler suite and create a module to optimize shader code on the fly.[14]
The library represents each shader program using an extensible binary intermediate representation called Tungsten Graphics Shader Infrastructure (TGSI). When Gallium targets LLVM, the TGSI code is converted to the LLVM instruction set.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallium3D#LLVM_usage

Quote:
People working on Gallium3D quickly noticed that, even though, their code wasn't optimized at all and it was doing terribly expensive conversions all the time, it was up to 10x faster with LLVM on some demos. They knew it was good.

http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2007/11/gallium3d-llvm.html
bpkent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpkent wrote:
DaggyStyle wrote:

I have another PC with a similar card to yours:

Code:
[  2838.901] (--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Radeon HD3870" (ChipID = 0x9501)

# glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RV670 9501) 20090101  TCL DRI2
OpenGL extensions

I updated make.conf to include vmware in VIDEO_CARDS and emerged (-uvD --newuse world). I saw that xf86-video-vmware was updated (x11-drivers/xf86-video-vmware-11.0.3), though I still have the same issues starting a Workstation vm on :0 :cry: .

I reinstalled gentoo from scratch on my backup PC, installed the vmware overlay (after 'layman -o http://gpo.zugaina.org/lst/gpo-repositories.xml') and still my VMs failed to load properly. I did notice that I use the Workstation builtin vnc server, so disabled that and vms started normally. Unfortunately for me I use the vnc services in vmware quite a bit, so I'm a bit stuck without them.

Back to the main topic of the thread. When I eselect mesa set r600 gallium, I am unable to use compositing after installing the "regular" installs (x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.14.0, x11-drivers/radeon-ucode-20110106, x11-libs/libX11-1.4.1, x11-apps/xdm-1.1.10-r1, media-libs/mesa-7.9.1, x11-apps/mesa-progs-8.0.1, x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.23, x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.4, etc), though if i use the 9999s off mesa, libdrm, xf86-video-ati I can, is this normal? Oh and I had to get the 9999 of portage too while I was at it. Apologies for not using the official names for the sources, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to overlays and the like.
Lustmored
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r600g is usable from mesa 7.10. Nothing strange in mesa 7.9.1 it does not work well.
bpkent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lustmored wrote:
r600g is usable from mesa 7.10. Nothing strange in mesa 7.9.1 it does not work well.

Thanks, removed the x11 overlay, portage-9999 and then unmasked and emerged mesa 7.10-r1, after which compositing was enabled with gallium eselected. :D

ETA: did the same on my primary machine and found that compositing with gallium is not quite as smooth as it is with classic, for instance, wobbly windows don't wobble so much as have jagged edges, oh well, I can wait for the next wave of updates, I'm very happy that I can use my Juniper card w/o an overlay.

One other thing I did find is that DPMS (or whatever the equivalent is for DVI/HDMI/Displayport monitors is) doesn't work quite right after the ungrades. It could be my graphics card, I didn't use it in earnest until recent updates, so I can't be sure it's the drivers, however here's a brief description of the issue:

card is ati 5750 - has three outputs, 1 DVI (id is DVI-1), 1 HDMI (HDMI-0) and 1 Displayport (DisplayPort-0)
PC set up as dual-head
DPMS only works properly on Displayport, on DVI screen goes blank but monitor remains powered on, on HDMI screen goes blank then monitor goes into a power off power on cycle

On my old card, which has 2 DVI ports, DPMS worked as expected, screen went blank, then monitors powered off, so I don't think the issue is with my monitors (Dell U2410s).
NForce
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys? I've rebuilt mesa-9999 yesterday, and r600g driver is gone! I have r600, gallium, radeon flags enabled, and nor r600g_dri.so is built! What the hell?
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NForce wrote:
Guys? I've rebuilt mesa-9999 yesterday, and r600g driver is gone! I have r600, gallium, radeon flags enabled, and nor r600g_dri.so is built! What the hell?

compiled now, I have the file
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 25 of 29

Jump to: