Subversion, rsync issues in KDE related emerges
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avieth
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Subversion, rsync issues in KDE related emerges Reply with quote

I just upgraded from KDE 3.5.10 to 4.3 using the kde-testing overlay. Everything went relatively well, except that I often run into problems when emerging certain packages. It's happened with ark, libkonq, libkdepim, and most recently, libkdegames; the error goes something like this:

Code:

>>> Emerging (1 of 7) kde-base/libkdegames-4.3.9999 from kde
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                          [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                         [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                        [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...                                                             
 * Fetching disabled since 1 hours has not passed since last update.               
 * Using existing repository copy at revision 1000739.                             
 *    working copy: /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/kdegames-4.3.9999/kdegames       

* Exporting parts of working copy to /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/libkdegames-4.3.9999/work/libkdegames-4.3.9999                                                           
rsync: link_stat "/usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/kdegames-4.3.9999/kdegames/*" failed: No such file or directory (2)                                                     
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1039) [sender=3.0.6]                                                         
 *                                                                                   
 * ERROR: kde-base/libkdegames-4.3.9999 failed.                                     
 * Call stack:                                                                       
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_unpack                           
 *             environment, line 3963:  Called kde4-meta_src_unpack                 
 *             environment, line 3193:  Called kde4-meta_src_extract                 
 *             environment, line 3078:  Called die                                   
 * The specific snippet of code:                                                     
 *           rsync ${rsync_options} "${ESVN_WC_PATH}"/${kmnamedir}* "${S}" || die "${ESVN}: can't export toplevel files to '${S}'.";                                     
 *  The die message:                                                                 
 *   subversion: can't export toplevel files to '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/libkdegames-4.3.9999/work/libkdegames-4.3.9999'.                                               
 *                                                                                   
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/libkdegames-4.3.9999/temp/build.log'.                                                                   
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/libkdegames-4.3.9999/temp/environment'.                                                           
 * This ebuild used the following eclasses from overlays:                           
 *   /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-meta.eclass                   
 *   /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-base.eclass                   
 *   /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-functions.eclass             
 * This ebuild is from a repository named 'kde'                                     
 *                                                                                   

>>> Failed to emerge kde-base/libkdegames-4.3.9999

When it happened on libkonq I just remerged rsync and updated subversion to solve it. I've tried remerging subversion, rsync, git, and syncing the overlay but to no avail.

How will I play glorious kolf without this package?
Mike Hunt
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avieth wrote:
How will I play glorious kolf without this package?

Well from KDE 3.5.10 to 4.3 is quite a leap!

A suggestion:

You could go with ~arch and emerge a nice 4.2.4 from regular portage, which emerged without a single error on my ~i686 box.

Cheers. 8)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: