GIMV crashing when loading more than one screen of pictures
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonlight-Flower
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: GIMV crashing when loading more than one screen of pictures Reply with quote

Hello,

GIMV (media-gfx/gimageview-0.2.27-r2) has a problem when I load up a folder with many pictures. In the thumbnail pane, no scrollbar shows up on the right side, and if I try to scroll with the mousewheel or keyboard, the program crashes completely.

It does print some warnings that appear to be related to the issue, however, I've no idea on how to resolve the problem. The warnings are as follows:

Code:
(gimv:24664): Gtk-WARNING **: gtkwidget.c:4826: signal "GimvZAlbum::set-scroll-adjustments" has wrong signature

(gimv:24664): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_scrolled_window_add(): cannot add non scrollable widget use gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() instead

(gimv:24664): Gtk-WARNING **: gtkwidget.c:4826: signal "GimvZAlbum::set-scroll-adjustments" has wrong signature

(gimv:24664): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_scrolled_window_add(): cannot add non scrollable widget use gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() instead

Any help getting this to work would be really appreciated.
fangorn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are using 64bit version?

I had the same problem. Did not get this solved.

I ended up building a 32bit chroot and doing "emerge -b gimageview" there and unpacking the package in the 64bit system. Not the optimal solution as I had to copy one lib into the 32bit environment of the 64bit system, but it works for me.
Moonlight-Flower
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm. Yeah, I'm on an amd64 system. Looks like I'll have to find some time to try that, then. Thank you much.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: