Wireless Install
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Wireless Install Reply with quote

Has anyone installed Gentoo solely using a wireless card? I'm trying to install on my laptop and I'm having some config issues. My non-wireless card doesn't want to work (see this thread). So I'm kinda forced to use my wireless card. The installation guide doesn't even brush what additional tasks might be necessary to get wireless working during the install. I haven't had much time to really sit down and mess with it so I'm definately far from giving up. I just was wondering if others had blazed this trail before me because all the wireless posts in the forums seem to be dealing with post-install wireless setup. Thanks.
Dalliance
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Wireless Install Reply with quote

Pizen,

I used a Lucent Orinoco to install Gentoo on my laptop -- installation went very smoothly, it pretty much followed the instructions given for a standard PCMCIA non-wireless ethernet card.
pizen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now answer my own question. I got Gentoo installed over my wireless connection. I don't really know what I did. I disabled WEP on my AP for the purposes of installing but I don't really know if that made any difference. Anyway, good times because now I have a Gentoo laptop in addition to my desktop.
rommel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool i need to install it on my gateway and then i will be totally windows free....i also have an orinoco wireless pcmcia with a txinst host adapter.....that will be fun trying to get it going
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: