Quick Search: in
mplayer no longer fully fullscreen
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: mplayer no longer fully fullscreen Reply with quote

I enabled Kernel Mode Switching for my intel gma4500, and upgraded to the newest xorg and intel driver and now mplayer doesn't go to full screen properly.

If I use the xv driver as I had been doing, the video gets scrunched to the left of my screen, leaving the rest black.

If I use x11, the video stays the same size, and the rest of the screen goes partially black.

Both of these previously worked fine.

I can almost get a full screen with the gl driver, but I get thick black borders on all four sides of the video.

The zoom option has no affect.

Are there any other video drivers I should try to build mplayer with or is there something I might need to put into xorg.conf to fix this?

Thanks
SDNick484
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: mplayer no longer fully fullscreen Reply with quote

0000000000000 wrote:
I enabled Kernel Mode Switching for my intel gma4500, and upgraded to the newest xorg and intel driver and now mplayer doesn't go to full screen properly.

If I use the xv driver as I had been doing, the video gets scrunched to the left of my screen, leaving the rest black.

If I use x11, the video stays the same size, and the rest of the screen goes partially black.

Both of these previously worked fine.

I can almost get a full screen with the gl driver, but I get thick black borders on all four sides of the video.

The zoom option has no affect.

Are there any other video drivers I should try to build mplayer with or is there something I might need to put into xorg.conf to fix this?

Thanks

I'm experiencing the same issue; did you find a solution to this?
s0ulslack
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

Effected here as well, anyone?
musv
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean this behaviour?
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-739364-start-25.html#5561558

16:9 videos are working correctly now since the last update of mplayer and enlightenment. Only with 4:3 those problems remain.
I don't have a solution. Only a theory:
Which windowmanager do you use? In my case it's enlightenment e16. When I asked that problem I got the answer that it's working at least with KDE, Fluxbox and Openbox. I've never tried it, because I don't even think in switching from e16 to another windowmanager.

So I guess, the problem is related to the windowmanager rather than to mplayer itselfs.
mustadio
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem on xfce4 with xorg-server 1.6.3 and xf86-video-intel 2.80
musv
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need a full working mplayer, use the version before vdpau-integration. Could be 1.0_rc2_p28450, but not sure.
guid0
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem. nvidia video driver.

mplayer-1.0_rc4_p20091026-r1 ( MPlayer SVN-r29796-4.3.4 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team )

[ebuild R ] media-video/mplayer-1.0_rc4_p20091026-r1 USE="X* a52 aac alsa ass cddb cdio dirac dts dv dvd dvdnav enca faac faad gif iconv jpeg live lzo mmx mp3 network opengl osdmenu png quicktime rar real rtc schroedinger shm speex sse sse2 theora toolame tremor truetype twolame unicode vorbis x264 xinerama xscreensaver xvid -3dnow -3dnowext -aalib (-altivec) -amr% -bidi -bindist -bl -bs2b -cdparanoia -cpudetection -custom-cpuopts -debug -dga -directfb -doc -dvb -dxr3 -encode -esd -fbcon -ftp -ggi -gmplayer -ipv6 -jack -joystick -ladspa -libcaca -lirc -mad -md5sum -mmxext -mng -nas -nut -openal -oss -pnm -pulseaudio -pvr -radio -samba -sdl -ssse3 (-svga) -teletext -tga -v4l -v4l2 -vdpau (-vidix) (-win32codecs) -xanim -xv -xvmc -zoran (-opencore-amr%)" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -mga -s3virge -tdfx" 0 kB
guid0
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed by starting mplayer with the -zoom option and pressing the "f" button to switch to fullscreen during playback.

-hope this helps.
BitJam
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musv wrote:
Do you mean this behaviour?
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-739364-start-25.html#5561558

16:9 videos are working correctly now since the last update of mplayer and enlightenment. Only with 4:3 those problems remain.
I don't have a solution. Only a theory:
Which windowmanager do you use? In my case it's enlightenment e16. When I asked that problem I got the answer that it's working at least with KDE, Fluxbox and Openbox. I've never tried it, because I don't even think in switching from e16 to another windowmanager.

So I guess, the problem is related to the windowmanager rather than to mplayer itselfs.

I ran into the same problem in e16 with fullscreen mplayer playing 4:3 video on a wide-screen display. I mentioned it on the enlightenment-users mailing list and the e16 dev, Kim Woelders, responded:
Quote:
Aargh! I have been messing around in this area way too many times. It seems that mplayer sets bogus aspect ratio hints (the ones that were appropriate for the window before fullscreening) which e16 obeys, causing the problem. I have committed a fix so that aspect ratio hints are ignored when fullscreening.

AFAICT, the problem is now fixed in the svn version of e16 and should part of version 1.0.5.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: