View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrentonAdams
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: kde 4.2.x taskbar overlaps maximized window Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Has anyone noticed that when you move the taskbar to another part of the screen, it overlaps a maximized window? Does anyone know if a bug has been submitted to the gentoo or kde bugzilla systems yet?

Thanks.
ok
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean with 'taskbar', if you are talking about the panels, if I add a new panel it will not overlapped by maximized windows. But you can change this behavior in the settings: More settings -> Windows can cover.
If you are talking about the Task Manager, if you add this Widget to the desktop, it will and should be covered by windows.
TrentonAdams
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am referring to the task manager. When it is on the bottom of my screen, the bottom of my maximized windows do not go underneath it. If I move it somewhere else, they do go underneath it when maximized. When it is on the top of the screen, I am unable to access the menu of the window, because it resides underneath the task manager.
ok
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried everything, but I can not reproduce this behavior. If I use the Task Manager Widget directly on the desktop, every time it will be covered. Using a panel and moving the Widget on it, I can choose the behavior in the settings.
I am sorry but I think I can not help...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: