Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Apple Wireless Keyboard on Macbook 5,1 (Unibody, Alu)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bienchen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Apple Wireless Keyboard on Macbook 5,1 (Unibody, Alu) Reply with quote

Hi there,

first of all: I have a MACBOOK NOT a MACBOOK PRO!
(there seem to be a few differences in hardware, so the "pro" means something above "larger screen" ;-))

so, last week I managed to swap my Gentoo disk with the factory disk of my brand new shiny MacBook5,1 and most things worked so far (the Gentoo disk was in a MacBook4,1 before).
The only issue left is bluetooth. Before the 5,1 version, I used my MightyMouse and Apple wireless keyboard with a MacBook4,1 without problems.
SInce amd64 now has the bluez stuff in version 3 unmasked, I can not get my keyboard running properly. Right after booting nothing works. To connect the mouse I just squeeze it for a second and it starts up. For the keyboard to get going I have to restart the bluetooth deamon and use hidd to connect manually. If I leave the keyboard alone for some time, I have to restart the bluetooth subsystem and reconnect.

I tried to pair/ connect the keyboard via kdebluetooth but did not manage to get the pairing key into the system. It was just that the pinhelper application did not show up. After several tries, the keyboard was listed as connected/ trusted and started working with the procedure I have described above.

Deleting the keyboard from the device list in kdebluetooth does not help.

Any suggestions?

greetings,

bienchen
bienchen
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

I found sort of a workaround for my problem. I just put the command

/etc/init.d/bluetooth restart; hidd --connect XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

in /etc/conf.d/local.start. With this at least I have a keyboard after startup. After some idle time the keyboard still gets disconnected...

greetings,

bienchen
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: